Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Why won't my PSP connect to my wireless?

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By swordmagic

My SSID is greyed out when I scan and it says "Not Supported" I have a PSP Slim and this is the first time I'm trying to connect to the Wireless since getting my router in my apartment. I had no trouble connecting it to my Mom's wireless in the past so I don't think it's anything with the PSP, also oddly enough I can select the other wireless networks from the people in my building, albeit I don't know their passwords of course :p

any help?

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By morello

The PSP doesn't support WPA2 security, so you would have to change your router's security settings to, for example, WPA/WPA2 or WPA instead.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By swordmagic

@Morello said:

The PSP doesn't support WPA2 security, so you would have to change your router's security settings to, for example, WPA/WPA2 or WPA instead.

Okay, this may sound silly but how do I go about changing my routers settings?

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By swordmagic

Nevermind, I figured it out and that worked. Thank you!

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morello

Ah good, no problem :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.