Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Be warned possible memory card shortages at GAME UK stores

Greigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Greigo

Had an interesting chat with the manager of my local GAME store today.

He asked me if I had Preordered a Memory card with my Vita, I said yes i had ordered a 16GB one.

He then told me the stock levels which have been ordered for launch.

16,000 Vita Consoles but only 6000 memory cards!

Get your orders in Guys

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

Man...for as many bells and whistles sony put on this thing a nice 512 MB of on board flash memory would have gone a long way to letting people at least store saves without having to scramble for a memory card.

Greigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Greigo

@Demoskinos: yep thats the problem, the damn thing wont function properly without a mem card, so if you cant get one your screwed!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

@Greigo: I have nothing against the vita but man... I can't see the launch of this thing being nothing but a disaster. I hope I'm wrong but coming off of what its doing in japan it doesn't really have a whole lot of momentum.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By lord_canti

the people at my local game are saying that every one who pre ordered and put down a deposit will get one but may have a shortage of the 4gb (that's why the game online deal changed from a wifi vita, a 4gb card and uncharted to a 8gb card and uncharted)

-edit- ordering them numbers makes sense if you think about it as more than 50% of the 16000 would be the 3g model (as i think it outsold the wifi in japan) and they come with a 4gb card inside the box. so im thinking that game are banking on the 3g outselling the wifi (due to the free card and wipeout) not realising that people already know vodafone are fairly bad

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Will1Lucky

Actually its probably more down to Games financial situation, there not doing too well and only just came to an agreement last week to make them last a few more months. Personally I got mine from Amazon due to the free 8gb memory card.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pw2566ch

Hang on a second. The PSPgo can come stocked with 16GB of storage. Yet, they can't seem they can't seem to do the same thing with the Vita?

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Will1Lucky

PSP Go as different though wasn't it, that was purely a Digital platform. They supposedly did it just to cut the cost of the main console.

Greigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Greigo

@lord_canti: I don't think a mem card is included with the 3g console from GAME, that deal is only if ordered direct from vodaphone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.