Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Bought a Vita...

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Deakor

I had been considering picking up a Vita for some time, despite the general negativity that seems to surround the system. Finally I was in a position where I had some cash/store credit and wanted to do something interesting with it that I wouldn't normally do. This coincided with my recently re-upping my PS+ account which now includes access to some Vita games as well as the PS3 ones.

I bought a basic system, a 32 GB memory card, and a copy of Persona 4: Golden. PS+ gives me Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush. Is there anything else I need right now? Are the LBP or Modnation Racers games worth taking a look at?

I'm kind of excited to get the system and try it out. I have the feeling I'll spend the most time w/ P4, but the other stuff sounds fairly cool as well. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By evanbower

Download Frobisher Says. Apparently its a fun little Wario Ware game, and it is freeeeeeee.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#3  Edited By Little_Socrates
    Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deakor

Cool thanks guys! Frobisher Says is the one the guys were talking about for the Warioware Spirit Award in the GOTY discussions, right?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Snail

If you have a PS3 (which you probably do because you bought a Vita) buy Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for the PS3, as advised by Jeff on the Quick Look, and you'll be able to download it for free on the Vita.

The same is true for PlayStation All-Stars, which isn't a game I'd recommend for the PS3, but might be more fun as a handheld title.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evanbower

@Deakor: Yeah thats the one. I don't have a Vita yet so I haven't played it myself.. but it looks good.

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deakor

yup, I've got a PS3 and actually just picked up the new Sly game; I had forgotten about the cross-buy thing. I was considering Playstation All-Stars as well. Cross-buy seems to make that a more attractive pick-up.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By killacam

@evanbower said:

Yeah thats the one. I don't have a Vita yet so I haven't played it myself.. but it looks good.

The times, they are a-changin'.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rafaelfc

I bought a Vita approximately 2 weeks ago and already put 40 hours into Persona 4... this thing is devilish!!!!

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaMisterChief

I wanted to buy one but this thing is going to be a $300 game cause Persona 4 Golden is the only thing that even gets my attention. Literally nothing else on that thing even interest me

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TAFAE

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a totally okay platformer if that's still free on PS+. I don't quite know that I would have paid $8 for it though, so there's that.

Seconding the Frobisher Says suggestion. If you like it the paid upgrade is $3 to about double the number of minigames it has.

Retro City Rampage is also free right now with PS+, which makes it the right price for the fact that I never really want to play more than about 15 minutes of it at a time.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is really good if you've already played through 999 on the DS and liked that.

I bought a few PS1 games too, but that may come down to your tastes. If you're looking for a specific game and can't find it, look on the PS3's store instead since you can copy games from your PS3 to your Vita and they'll work fine.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By endaround

If you like SRPGs, Disgaea 3 on Vita is probably the best version of that game. And there is always Lumines though that has a chance to become part of PS+ now.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By evanbower

@killacam said:

@evanbower said:

Yeah thats the one. I don't have a Vita yet so I haven't played it myself.. but it looks good.

The times, they are a-changin'.

Blue namessssss

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By BlackLagoon
    rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By rentfn

WAKE UP CLUB!!!! I use it as an alarm every day. Yay Easy Trophies!!!

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By GooieGreen

PlayStation Plus is a must to re-up. Totally worth it. LittleBigPlanet on Vita is also a great buy. Sounds like you're on track!

If you don't have Sound Shapes... get it. Frobisher Says is also a smart game to download (no trophies in the US yet but it is on the way). Between all of that and your copy of Persona, you're set for a long time.

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deakor

Thank you so much gang, this is exactly what I was looking for! Most appreciated!

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deakor

@GooieGreen: I've got Soundshapes already and my PS+ is locked and loaded for 15 months now. Thanks for the advice!

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By h0lgr

You bought a Vita?

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By algertman

@h0lgr said:

You bought a Vita?

AND A 32gig MEMORY CARD! I hope it was a bundle or some super deal or else the man got ripped off.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By reisz

@h0lgr said:

You bought a Vita?

Don't be that guy, it's a great platform, just poorly supported.

Nexnecis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want a fighting game Mortal Kombat is pretty great, as well as one of the few games that are fairly cheap retail ( seriously, what's up with that?). 'A full featured game with fairly low-res charector models' would be my 1-sentence take.

On top of that, I just got off the P4G train myself. 82 hours I think, and damn did it justify the Vita purchase. Not because of the technical prowess off it necessarily but that it fit the "play at lunch, play in bed before sleeping" kinda thing a handheld excels at. And it's a damn good game.

Only reason I bring That up is that now that I'm done with it I want to go back and play Persona 3. And I did. It's great and all 2 hours into it, but I can't help but feel that playing it before P4 would have made me more stoked for Golden. I'm still digging it, don't get me wrong, but IMHO take a look at how much you'll be playing your handherld and see if you can fit a P3P playthrough in there first. It's not by ANY means required, but if you're like me you WILL play P3P after golden... just take a look at what order you'll play them in.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting a Vita myself, but at this point unless they have a P4G bundle, include it in a PS4 bundle, or drop the price I'm not buying one. Besides this game and a few others that may be fun to play the platform is so poorly supported I'm not willing to add another piece of hardware to my collection that I will only use for a few games.

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a Vita a few days ago and wow! I was really surprised how good it is. I also have a 3DS and it is nice, also a few really good games. But the Vita seems to me like having a better general overall quality! The Display is great and it just feels so good holding it in your hands. And I can´t complain about the lack of games. Because of PSN Plus I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush for free. In my bundle Assassins Creed Liberation was included. And I bought Persona 4. With those games I will be busy for a long time. I am really happy about my decision, it was right! Good work Sony!

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Plants vs. Zombies is free for ps+ users this week. Looks great on that screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.