Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Can any game be added to the PS+ Free Game List?

johaneriksson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johaneriksson

For example can the RPG Action game YS Celceta show up next month? Or do some never show up as a free game on PS+?

What is the feeling you guys get that have had PS+ for a long time?

I can't see DJ Max Technika being released as free for plus members.

These are the games i "want" to see, not the launch/generic/biggest games :S

Sorry for what may be a stupid topic, im super ultra tired when writing this....

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yo bro-son,

Theoretically, any game could be added to PS+, but a few things to consider

- Sony needs to make a deal with that publisher/developer
    - Is the juice worth the squeeze?

While Ys Celceta and DJ Max Technika have fans, Sony needs it's free games to not only reward subscribres of PS+, but to entice new ones. Not sure those are the franchises to do it. The other part of your question: definitely I imagine hundreds of games will never, ever show up as PS+ games. The library is hilariously large when you bring in PS2/PS1 games too, which seem ripe for the picking.

Unfortunately for you/me I think PS+ will always be geared (mostly) to popular games that are relatively recent. However there are some odd ones here and there. Remember Me. Vanquished. Definitely not AAA/launch/big games. More like B-tier games.

PS3/PS4 are pretty different beasts too.

Probably you will get more and more weird PS3 games on PS+ as PS Now comes to fruition and they start to balance those out. PS4 pretty much has to be new releases now since the backlog is non-existent.

FINALLY...

How do I feel about PS+?

I love it a lot.

Here's what I have currently on PS4.

• Resogun (amazing, love it)
    • Don't Stave (ok, play it now and then)
    • Outlast (I can't play horror games but who knows, maybe one day)
    • Dead Nation (haven't played)
    • Mercenary Kings (not that great single player, fun multi)

Which is not too shabby.

PS3 currently installed:

• Dragon's Dogma (awesome)
    • DmC (pretty awesome)
    • Dyad (haven't played)
    • Remember Me (barely played).

I mean, PS+ pays for itself so many times over it seems too good to be true. If you have really specific tastes and don't like playing different types of genres maybe you wouldn't like it as much.

johaneriksson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the great answer, yeah i guess your spot on. They need to really push the games that reaches the most audiences.

Sad but true :/

Can someone tell me if Dj Max Technika still is 50 bucks on the store? (Not got my Vita yet)

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By GalacticPunt

Basically, any game that has been released in downloadable form has a chance to be made into a PS+ offering. Regardless of genre or level of success, there is some chance that any game will eventually be rotated into the Instant Game Collection. Though it is definitely most common for first party games and under-performing third-party games to show up.

Plenty of super-Japanese games have rotated in over the years, so Ys or DJ Max may show up soon, or two years from now, or never. If you're thinking of buying them, you'll have to weigh your desire to play them right now vs. that chance...

Edit: DJ Max Technika Tune is $45 at the moment.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

For example can the RPG Action game YS Celceta show up next month? Or do some never show up as a free game on PS+?

I don't think I've ever seen a game by XSeed go on sale, let alone be free with PS+. They are small and make their money from high priced games sold to a small audience. Sales and freebies would undercut their business. So, no, don't expect Ys Celceta to show up on plus.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By Kidavenger

They've never put a game up twice for PS+ so anything that's been up in the past is unlikely to show up again, everything else seems to be fair game though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

They've never put a game up twice for PS+ so anything that's been up in the past is unlikely to show up again, everything else seems to be fair game though.

I'm pretty sure they have, sort of. They put out Sonic 1, Golden Axe, Comix Zone, etc separately when I first signed up. Then as my account was expiring they put up a Sega Genesis collection that was all the same games in one bundle. I think they might have also put up a PS1 classic twice (Crash or Spyro I think) but that was back when they were giving out a different PS1 game every month and were running out of new ones.

They haven't put up the same game twice in at least two and half years since then.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RonGalaxy

Any game can be on there, but (as geraltitude said) they have to come to some sort of deal/agreement if it's a third party game. If it's a sony published game developed by a company sony owns, they can put it up without having to jump through any hoops. Luckily sony has a lot of great devs/game series' they can put up there. That's not to say there aren't any great third party games on there, because there are.

Also, ps plus offers hefty discounts on stuff too. Most indie games come with a ps plus discount in their first week, some preorders offer a discount, and when sony has a big sale ps plus gets a sizable discount compared to the normal sale price (I got killzone mercenary for 7 fucking dollars). I paid 35 bucks for my year of ps plus, and it's been more than worth that. I've probably made it back on discounts alone. That isn't even considering the plethora of games that come with ps plus each month. It's a great service, and puts its competitors to shame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.