Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

December Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

It's December, and yet again I'm here my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual it is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Looking at new releases for December, we only have a port of the classic SNES RPG Romancing SaGa 2 on the docket for now. As usual expect more titles to show up as the month goes on.

As for new titles announced last month, pQube is bringing over roguelike Omega Labyrinth Z, notable for its... err... unique leveling up system. Also "fast-paced action-arcade game" Russian Subway Dogs is getting a Vita version, and Arcade Distillery is working action RPG SkullPirates and strategy game War Theatre. There's been some murmurs that side-view shooter Deadbolt and dual-joystick shooter NeuroVoider might be coming, though no firm confirmation yet. Over in Japan, Aquaplus revealed they're working on a remake of the first Utawarerumono SRPG, originally released for PC and PS2 in the early 2000s.

And we're done! See you next year! (I'd put a Digimon trailer here, but I did so last month, so here is one for Romancing Saga 2 instead.)

December

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.
    • C-Wars - Retro RTS thing (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
    • SilverQuest: Gaiden - Previously MiniFlake (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
    • Smash Derby - Indie vehicle combat arena (no updates, removed from developers page)
    • A Clumsy Adventure - Indie platformer (dev website down, no twitter updates since Dec 2015)
    • Action Henk - Physics puzzle runner? (Vita not listed on homepage, PS4 came out in Mar 2016)
    • Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer - Card game (no updates since original annoucement Aug 2014)
    • Rain World - Survival (Out on other platforms, Vita version not mentioned any more)
    • Cloudberry Kingdom - Platformer (No news since 2013, no mention of Vita since, studio moved on)
    • Enter the Gungeon - Procedural dual-joystick shooter (Not cancelled but port low priority for the time being)

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KavaJava

Woah there's some neat stuff on there. Maybe one day those memory cards will get cheap second hand. I'm still rocking a 4 gig... Makes my desire for these games shrink.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's actually some pretty good stuff in this list. Cosmic Star Heroine, Papers Please, Roundabout, Bastion, Enter the Gungeon, The Banner Saga, Secret of Mana...

A bunch of stuff I've either been meaning to get to but haven't yet or want to replay. Might dust the Vita off this month.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmorales94: To be honest, some of those are probably not happening any more. It's hard to keep track because developers would sometimes announce a Vita port, then years would go by and there is no news. At which point it might have been silently cancelled, or it might suddenly show up on the PSN store one day. Secret of Mana was just recently announced, I know Zeboyd is still working on Cosmic Star Heroine, and I believe we had recent updates on Papers. The others though, I'll have too look into them and maybe remove/vaporware them.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The developers of Stardew Valley reaffirmed that they are still working on the Vita version.

The Vita version of Read Only Memories was released today on the US Playstation store and is cross-buy. The EU and JP store still shows as PS4 only. I guess they need to do more testing for the EU and JP versions.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's actually some pretty good stuff in this list. Cosmic Star Heroine, Papers Please, Roundabout, Bastion, Enter the Gungeon, The Banner Saga, Secret of Mana...

A bunch of stuff I've either been meaning to get to but haven't yet or want to replay. Might dust the Vita off this month.

I checked up on the rest of those, seems Roundabout is still in development they're apparently waiting for some issues with their middleware to be resolved. Bastion was actually released two years ago, I just forgot to remove it. Enter the Gungeon is not officially canceled, but according to the dev it would be a lot of work to get it running well and is not a priority for them. The Banner Saga was sadly officially canceled earlier this year. And Papers Please is actually releasing this week. I'll update the list accordingly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.