Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Great deal on PS Vita at Amazon

• 80 results
    TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By TheLark

Fuck amazon in the UK, the deals have been truly awful. Least i got xcom on steam for 20 pound!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Hunkulese
    @musclerider

@Bassman2112: Whoops. Didn't mean to come off as an internet cynic.

I just don't think that this is a good time in the Vita's life cycle to get one. There aren't many games to play on it (P4G, LBP, and maybe Gravity Rush and SoundShapes). Throwing down money for an unproven system bundled with a mediocre game is not something I would personally do. There is nothing inherently wrong with a Vita but I want to wait till it has things I can do on it. And by that point it should drop in price a little bit.

I don't have a clear recollection of what I've been saying to people on the forums but I do remember telling someone to not put matches in their ear so that might be a little negative. All in jest, good sir.

It's at a great price and comes with multiple mediocre games and the value gets even better if you're already a ps+ subscriber.
    NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By NegativeCero

@TooWalrus said:

@musclerider: I also think the Vita is a good system to own if you're in a situation like I am. I've never owned a PSP or PS1, and those games look gorgeous on the Vita's screen, so I'm looking forward to playing some of the Final Fantasy and Persona games I've missed over the years, on top of all the new stuff that will (eventually) come out.

I'm exactly like you are. I pretty much haven't touched any games on those, so going into the backlog on a portable is a good deal for me. I just hope that people haven't given up on the Vita so we see some games get announced for it.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Lukeweizer

This is pretty tempting, but I know 4GB won't be big enough. I'd have to dump more money to get a bigger card. Which kills the fun of getting a deal. Especially considering I'd never use the thing.

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

@Lukeweizer said:

I'd never use the thing.

Well, that's probably the most important thing. As for the memory card, 4GB probably isn't enough for the long haul, but it'll probably be a fair start for most folks. Not having to grab it separately is pretty nice. I'm looking at it as the internal storage the thing should have been built with in the first place.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Justin258

There's just nothing that I really want to play on the Vita. Well, there's Persona 4, but I have a PS2 and would rather play it on that so as to get it on a fullscreen and on a stereo, as well as with Chie's original voice and minus that bathouse fanservice scene that FluxwaveZ posted about and minus that dancing intro that Jeff talked about on the podcast.

Would I buy one if I had the money? Yeah. There are some things to do with it and play on it, but not much. Not near enough for me to spend that kind of cash on it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By zombie2011

I was going to get this, i had it in my cart and everything but then i realized i didn't want to play AC:L or anything else on the PS Vita. Almost blew $180.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

Oh man that's really tempting, but between shipping to Canada and the cost of the fucking memory cards I just dunno man.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By Sooty

@TheLark said:

Fuck amazon in the UK, the deals have been truly awful. Least i got xcom on steam for 20 pound!

GAME doing it for £190 with Black Ops is pretty good, you can sell that shitty game for £20 on eBay easily. Was a no brainer for me since I wanted rid of my Xbox 360 and traded that for £115.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#60  Edited By gla55jAw

@zombie2011 said:

I was going to get this, i had it in my cart and everything but then i realized i didn't want to play AC:L or anything else on the PS Vita. Almost blew $180.

I had it ordered a couple of hours ago. I'd play AC: L, and all the PS+ games and P4, but I don't need to play them right now. Then looked at all the upcoming games...there aren't any with actual dates. I think I'm going to wait. It was like $300 with a 32GB card, a case and another game.

nomtank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By nomtank

@Vitamin_Dei said:

@StarvingGamer said:

The timing is perfect. Between this and P4G I see no reason why ANY GB fan should not own a Vita at this point.

A lot of us seem to be since that bundle and P4G are the two top sellers on the Vita charts at Amazon.

That all said... PC gamer here who is picking up a Vita to have around as my one nod towards console stuff for decidedly non-PC style gaming. What else (aside from P4G) is worth looking at on the platform? Really hot to play PSO II on the Vita when it comes out and will probably get to the bundle AC game at some point.

Thanks for reminding me that PSO II is still coming out for the Vita! I feel much better about my Vita purchase now.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By subject2change

It's a great deal, but I have to refrain from the purchase. Ugh 120 bucks if I use all my credit card reward points...but will I ever play it is the thing.....

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By Opus

Sold out.

God dang it.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheLark

@Hunkulese: I am tempted. still need a bit of convincing i think. I've never really been into handheld gaming though

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Spoonman671

So my sister waits until today to tell me that she wants to buy a Vita and AC: Liberation for her husband for Christmas.  Oh well.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sooty

I hope this thing doesn't like, die. Well I'm sure it'll be alive and kicking over in Japan when I'm there in 2015, but it better get some sort of following in the west damn it.

I love how you can just buy vouchers online and use them in different store regions, thank fuck Sony didn't go down the same path as Nintendo with region locking. I really appreciate that.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By The_Tolman

Does anyone know if the "DLC code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita" is the actual game or something else? Stupid question I know.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Spoonman671
    @The_Tolman said:

Does anyone know if the "DLC code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita" is the actual game or something else? Stupid question I know.

I took it to mean that it was the full game.  I don't know what else it could mean, as I can't imagine them giving you a code for future DLC for a game that is not included in that bundle.  At the same time, it seems crazy that they would throw a $40 game in with the deal on top of everything else.
    The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Tolman

@Spoonman671: Yeah it does seem crazy. I was literally about to buy allstars till I remembered it saying something about it in the bundle. Alittle snooping on other websites is leading me to believe it is the game but it just seems to good to be true.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nights

@The_Tolman said:

It's the full version of the game.

BigDaveisCheap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BigDaveisCheap

@The_Tolman: Just seconding it is the full Vita-only version, received and redeemed my code earlier today.

The_EDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The_EDJ

Salivated. Purchased. Salivated some more.

Received voucher for $10 off Assassin's Creed 3. Purchased for $25.

Vita bundle ships from Nashville, TN.

AC3 ships from Kansas City, MO.

Tennessee is more than twice the distance of Kansas City from me (Omaha, NE), yet AC3 will take a day longer to arrive over the bundle? Weird. Tremendous deal though.

Avatar image for amakakeruhiruyunohirameki
    Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be good if they have a 32gb memory as bundle lol for my current 4gb bundle I only have these following games

COD Declassified - Physical Copy

Dokuro - Digital Copy

Uncharted - Digital Copy

Jet Set Radio - Digital Copy

Thanks to PS plus I can download 6 more games but sad to download more digital copy I only have 4gb lol

But its ok the 3 games are good.

packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By packfan104l4

If you have a small memory card, the Content Manager is your best friend. Just got my Vita today and it's amazing how easy it is to rip things onto and off of the Vita without losing anything or trying to mess with these tiny memory cards.

Phuturist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Phuturist

amazon.de sold PS Vitas for 150€ for a short amount of time and available stock a few hours ago. But I don't regret importing a white one. It's beautiful.

packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By packfan104l4

The white Vita with the clear triggers really are purdy. No regrets on the purchase. Plus Persona 4 Golden is way too addicting. Someone send me Lumines and I'll be set for life! :-p

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

Mine showed up yesterday. P4G even came with the skin for the Vita, which I had thought was a pre-order bonus, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Still the honeymoon phase, but I think the hardware is gorgeous, Assassin's Creed: Liberation plays nicely, and I activated PSN+ and pulled down Uncharted and FFT. Realy super pleased with my purchase here early on.

As for PSN+ freebies... are they just part of my library as a given for every month I'm a member in which they're released, or do i need to pull them down in order to have them added to my account? Storage seems to be the main problem at the moment. may need to bit the bullet and shell out for a large card, unfortunately.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#78  Edited By alistercat

@Vitamin_Dei: Add them to the cart and complete the purchase, but you don't need to download.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Phuturist said:

amazon.de sold PS Vitas for 150€ for a short amount of time and available stock a few hours ago. But I don't regret importing a white one. It's beautiful.

They had them up again today for a short while, which I unfortunately missed. It was a really great deal for anyone in the UK or anywhere else in Europe who missed out on the US deals.

Alas, an official price drop can't be too far away. This only goes to show that people will buy these things at a more reasonable price.

Avatar image for amakakeruhiruyunohirameki
    Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope there are more price drop this coming Christmas eve ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.