Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

January Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

The new year has just started, and I'm still here with a new version of my list of current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

For a month that has been relatively meager in terms of releases in previous years, this January is already shaping up to be pretty solid. For starters we're getting a full retail release with Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2, an improved version of the PS3's Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 with new characters and story bits, and revised combat system. Beyond that, we're getting classic adventure game Grim Fandango, ground breaking FPS Duke Nukem 3D, retro action game Woah Dave!, an improved port of Gust's alchemy RPG Atelier Ayesha, and the Atlus published indie RPG Citizens of Earth. As always, keep in mind that this is only preliminary list - there is likely to be more game releases annouced as the month goes on.

As for new game annocuements, December was a massive month, with numerous juicy reveals both at and outside Sony's PlayStation Experience event. Highlights include Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Age, indie of the year Shovel Knight, Space Hulk, The Banner Saga, Bastion, as well as localizations for visual novel Steins;Gate, RPG Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, action spin-off Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed, Shonen Jump crossover brawler J-Stars Victory Vs+, and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3.

In Japan, a new SaGa game was revealed, as was an improved version of Deception IV, Operation Abyss got a sequel with Tokyo Shin Seiroku: Operation Babel, a port of the most recent Shiren the Wanderer DS game, and the usual assortment of anime tie-ins, visual novels and otome games.

And we're done. Join me next month when Neptunia SRPG spin-off Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart will alledgedly be making it out.

January

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

Sherlock22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shovel Knight, Broken Age and Steins;gate especially are going to be amazing to have on the vita. Here's hoping they're out within a reasonable time frame.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must not have been paying attention as i didnt know grim fandango was coming out so soon.

Good amount of releases for a "dead" system. Glad sony is starting to slightly remember it exists.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I thought about getting Shovel Knight on the PC, but I think that's the sort of game I own a Vita for.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So much hype all in one place.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just picked up a Vita on New Years Eve (got a 1000 model for the better screen, and it was a steal!) and I am hyped for all these good indie releases coming to my new system!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Ah nice update to the list. Though Mercenary Kings is more of a Contra/Metal Slug meets Monster Hunter. I don't quite understand how you came up with Mega Man?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BlackLagoon

@trafalgarlaw: I think that description was written ages ago, long before the game was released. I generally try to spend as little time as possible thinking about them, since if I did I'd still be working on them.

EDIT: Well, ok, I guess it was under a year ago. I think the movement is a bit reminiscent of Mega Man or something.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just wanted to tell you that i LOVE these threads @blacklagoon thanks alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.