Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

October Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

October! "Games are coming out", and that very much includes ones for the Vita. Yes, I'm back with my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita, and I'm on time this month again! As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Another solid batch of releases this month, starting off with two biggies from Square Enix: The Minecraft inspired Dragon Quest Builders and Final Fantasy mashup World of Final Fantasy. We've also got Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky, an RPG by some of the folks behind the Valkyrie Profile gamers, cutesy survival horror Yomawari: Night Alone, mystery visual novel Root Letter, indie Lichtspeer, and the very Neptunia Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls. Also Criminal Girls 2 and Valkyrie Drive are back, having gotten last-minute delays last month.

Moving on to new game annoucments, it looks like mobile Zelda clone Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas is headed the Vita's way. As is turn-based tactics/collectable card game hybrid PoxNora, and NISA is localizing Kadokawa's SRPG God Wars. Over in Japan, Koei Tecmo annouced more Musou games, both the multi-franchise cross-over Musou Stars and Samurai Warriors spin-off Sengoku Musou: Sanada Maru. Bamco also revealed an RPG based on Twin Star Exorsists (that apparently looks similar to Ray Gigant), Square Enix a new Fortune Street called Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary, Bergsala Lightweigt is doing Drive Girls - a brawler featuring girls that turn into cars, and also a Touhou 3D fighting game coming: Touhou Koubuto V.

And I looks like I'm done! Come back next month for Fate/Extella. All your favorite Fate characters, with all your favorite musou gameplay!

October

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a busy month for my Vita. Dragon Quest Builders, World of Final Fantasy, Exist Archive, Root Letter, Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, Criminal Girls 2, and Valkyrie Drive are all on my list. As for the upcoming stuff, my body aches for Steins;Gate 0, and my free time weeps knowing that in addition to all that stuff I just listed, I really, really want to play through Steins;Gate again before starting 0. For the moment, though, World of Final Fantasy is number one with a bullet. I will be extremely sad if that game ends up being poor --- it has toyed with my nostalgia so much that I want to hug it and drown in chibi FF references.

There is something fascinatingly absurd about Drive Girls that makes me want to try what is almost certainly a mediocre game.

By the way, Dragon Quest Builders has a demo up on PSN. It's worth checking out; I never got into Minecraft or any kind of gathering/building game, but there's enough quest hooks and Dragon Quest nostalgia to make the game interesting to me. It's a good demo.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for this. You're doing important work! Viva la Vita!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@blacklagoon Is there any word if Dragon Quest Builders will work with PS TV?

or are they sticking to blacklisting it like they did in Japan? :(

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@slag The NA demo says that it isn't compatible, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. :(

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bsstephan: Yeah, there have been a few cases where a title initially failed PSTV certification and launched without support for it, which then got updated to add in support later. But those were titles that promised PSTV support from the get go, if DQB doesn't even support it in Japan it seems very unlikely that they'll fix whatever issue that is stopping that just for the western release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.