Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Oh boy, that power button is not going to be my friend.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ichthy

This probably won't be an issue for most people, but that power button seems just a tad too close to the left shoulder. I accidentally put the system into sleep a good half dozen times while playing Tekken for about 30 minutes. Is anyone else having this problem?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

only happened once, with escape plan because you have to hold the vita in all sorts of weird ways. never because i missed the L button

games resume exactly where you were anyway (which is amazing)

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mthe1337one

yeah... definitely will depend on how you hold the system and what games you play. haven't had much of an issue with it playing Lumines.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By M_Shini

Hmm the way i hold it it hasn't happened to me yet, my finger doesn't tend to go past the button at all the way i hold it, but i guess it all depends on how the person holds it anyway, its the same thing for the whole right analog stick and the X button sicne ive always arched my Thumb when holding a controller it hasn't happened to become an issue yet.

Sucks if your hand holding methods do get in the way tho it is really hard to break habits :(.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By probablytuna

That has not occurred to me once, but I guess that's because I have normal hands and fingers.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By handlas

mmm no problem there.

I see more of a problem with the Playstation button under the left thumbstick. I tend to rest my thumb there when I'm not using the stick. Or more-so even is just the whole back touch panel. Playing Uncharted, I try not to use it at all because I don't like it. But sometimes when I'm sniping it will keep zooming in and out because I keep accidently rubbing the back of it.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Hosstile17

It hasn't happened to me. But, I don't have tree branch fingers.

Pixelationist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pixelationist

Hasn't happened to me either, and cannot fathom how you would even do that regardless of what freakishly sized hands you possess.

But I have to admit I don't find the vita that comfortable to hold in general, not that I expect great ergonomics from any handheld without it looking butt fugly like a game gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.