Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

VITA name

Petruccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Petruccio

Allthough VITA name also suits SONY's latest portable device, it would suit next PlayStation product even better.

First letter is V which also can be read as fifth. Vita is indeed PlayStation's 5th big product.

But VI(6th)ta would be fine for PS4 if SONY were behind MS in naming.

I just do not understand why there is no commercial, where it starts from PS1 as I and go up to VITA with ITA slowly materializing after V.

Petruccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Petruccio

Allthough VITA name also suits SONY's latest portable device, it would suit next PlayStation product even better.

First letter is V which also can be read as fifth. Vita is indeed PlayStation's 5th big product.

But VI(6th)ta would be fine for PS4 if SONY were behind MS in naming.

I just do not understand why there is no commercial, where it starts from PS1 as I and go up to VITA with ITA slowly materializing after V.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

I can't believe I read through all that.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

I think the real question is, why doesn't the Playstation 3 symbolize the Playstation Vita's transformation into the Playstation 4?

For instance. The commercial starts up. It shows a popular PS3 game like Uncharted or Resistance or something. As the commercial continues, you see this weird thing slowly sliding out of the disc tray. It goes off screen in an instant and warps directly in front of the screen, now in the middle.

It's the Xbox 360 logo! What! And that's when the green X from the gray orb slowly drains out. That is when the X materializes onto the screen, transforming itself into a V.

Confusion sets in. What is happening. Is Mark Whalberg behind this. Who can tell. And that's when "Playstation" shows up on the screen next to the green V.

But wait. Playstation V? Where was the PS4? And that's where the mindfuck sets in.

The Xbox 360 was secretly the PS4 this whole time. And the Vita is the Playstation 5. Playstation V. V-ta. Vita.

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoMate

@N7 said:

I think the real question is, why doesn't the Playstation 3 symbolize the Playstation Vita's transformation into the Playstation 4? For instance. The commercial starts up. It shows a popular PS3 game like Uncharted or Resistance or something. As the commercial continues, you see this weird thing slowly sliding out of the disc tray. It goes off screen in an instant and warps directly in front of the screen, now in the middle. It's the Xbox 360 logo! What! And that's when the green X from the gray orb slowly drains out. That is when the X materializes onto the screen, transforming itself into a V. Confusion sets in. What is happening. Is Mark Whalberg behind this. Who can tell. And that's when "Playstation" shows up on the screen next to the green V. But wait. Playstation V? Where was the PS4? And that's where the mindfuck sets in. The Xbox 360 was secretly the PS4 this whole time. And the Vita is the Playstation 5. Playstation V. V-ta. Vita.

Makes sense, would this also mean the iphone has been microsofts go at handheld gaming for all these years?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

@JasonR86 said:

I can't believe I read through all that.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By M_Shini

Lmao

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Andorski

The Vita name is terrible - it really shows how far behind Sony's marketing team is compared to the rest of the market (and I'm not just talking about the video game industry).

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

They should have called it "Gameboy" since Nintendo's not using that name anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.