Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

Did anyone else get Tethered?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow I really liked this game. I even got my wife to play it for a hour. I can just see if this format came to Final Fantasy Tactics or Ogre Tactics or a Disgaea franchise. I could get lost for hours.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Shame that the burst of demos that announced the launch of the PS VR hasn't meant that every game is going down that path.

I do wonder if a long strategy game (often played with a podcast or TV on in the background) is a good mix for a totally immersive system like VR. I think stereoscopic often works really well with strategy scale (remembering back to when Homeworld first released and I played it with the tiny papercraft ships flying inside my CRT and even jumping out of the screen thanks to 3D glasses) but this game looks more like you're a small floating head in a big world, not a God looking down over a tiny world. Ruse made a good attempt on that perspective, but once you're in stereoscopic 3D then you can see size so it works so much better.

At the moment the lack of many reviews (and lots of grognards not likely to be deep in VR yet) and high price (ish, resting about where many AAA games release on PC where I live but about half the top AAA console price) is staying my hand.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LeStephan

Boy is it me or is it really fucking hard?

I cant seem to get trough the first non tutorial level without a bunch of peeps dying/killing themselves which makes me feel like a horrible person.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a new VR game and thought, "Cool!" But then I couldn't get past the part in the description where they're talking about your peeps.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

Boy is it me or is it really fucking hard?

I cant seem to get trough the first non tutorial level without a bunch of peeps dying/killing themselves which makes me feel like a horrible person.

Now I couldn't get them to kill themselves and I tried. It was pretty bad with that one Peep who I was trying to kill just staring at me with those huge eyes. Maybe I need to cut their food off. I got past the tutorial and even survived 5 nights. So ask me questions.

jerkchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like all VR games need a demo. I'm interested in this game, but I can't get much of a feel for how it plays from the videos out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.