Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

PlayStation VR News

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By DarkbeatDK

The rumors are true. PlayStation VR will ship with a demo disc according to Videogamer.com.

The demos included are:

This is on top of the free PlayRoom VR that is bundled with the headset. Looks like there's plenty of stuff to play around with out of the box.

In other news, PlayStation Japan had another stream with a bunch of "YouTubers" and an idol group (I think) playing VR worlds. There was a few revelations during this stream:

• The front of the headset can be adjusted for comfort. There are two buttons underneath it where you can move the front back and forth for easy adjustment. Maybe that is also for focusing the lens to your eyesight?
    • It doesn't seem like you necessarily need a lot of space to play. The players are all sitting relatively close to the PlayStation camera, so it's probably not another Kinect 1.0 disaster.

While they obviously are hamming it up for the camera, one of the girls start crying from playing the Ocean Decent demo and one of the YouTubers manages to glitch out London Heist by dropping his gun and being unable to retrieve it (it's supposed to spawn on the dashboard when it's out of bounds). The other one uses his left hand and has to reload the gun by putting it on the dash and then sliding a mag into it, which surprisingly seems to work.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

That's great news. If you're looking for more hands-on impressions of PlayStation VR, the PlayStation access channel has been releasing loads of content. You can watch their VR playlist here:

Loading Video...

If you want a non-biased source, this was another good impressions video:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh man, demo discs are back.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

I have this pre-ordered but was still on the fence about whether or not I actually wanted to go through with the purchase. This makes the expense a little easier to swallow, though I hope there is some decent, substantial software available at some point.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@flashflood_29: they never went away baby! Choo choo, time to get on the demo train!

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. Eve Valkyrie is also getting a boxed release on PlayStation 4. I love their little sticker on the box for VR. It's, like "HEY DUMBASS! YOU'LL NEED THESE!"

No Caption Provided

Here's the skinny from Playstation.Blog

...This means in addition to a day-one digital download release on PlayStation Store, we’ll also be hitting your favourite online or high street retailer with boxed copies of the game for PlayStation VR. No matter how you choose to buy EVE: Valkyrie on 13th October, either digitally or on disc, you’ll get the same great content at launch:

• EVE: Valkyrie, the game that’s been called the “killer app” for virtual reality by press around the world.

Along with the EVE: Valkyrie PlayStation VR Founder’s Pack content, which contains:

• Legendary ‘S4 Wraith’ Fighter
    • PlayStation-only ‘Cobalt’ Flight Suit
    • Limited Edition ‘Founder’s Pilot’ Forum Tag on evevalkyrie.com
    • War Chest of 2,500 Gold
    • All updates to the game released since its launch on PC in March, including the explosive Carrier Assault mode.

Additional free content will be made available to all owners of EVE: Valkyrie throughout the game’s lifetime, and we’re already planning our first free post-launch update to the game (spoiler: it will involve spaceships).

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Shivoa

@darkbeatdk: I mean, that sticker is really important.

It's a EU box so I walk into a store in Europe and buy a PS4 box and a VR box. I can play this PS VR title, right? Nope, because neither of the standard boxes (at least in Europe) come with that camera. Somehow no one at Sony Europe seems to be really pushing to make sure cameras are in boxes.

As far as I'm aware, there is no release-window bundle (headset plus camera or even plus move controllers) in Europe. Just warning messages in places like the PS VR box's Amazon page that note, "PlayStation Camera, sold separately, is required for PlayStation VR. PlayStation Move, sold separately, is supported by some PlayStation VR software. All titles are compatible with the DUALSHOCK 4, included with every PlayStation 4."

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivoa: Huh, you're right. I was sure it was included. It's basically the sensor for the headset. Maybe they'll announce some other bundles at tonight's presser?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While they obviously are hamming it up for the camera, one of the girls start crying from playing the Ocean Decent demo and one of the YouTubers manages to glitch out London Heist by dropping his gun and being unable to retrieve it (it's supposed to spawn on the dashboard when it's out of bounds). The other one uses his left hand and has to reload the gun by putting it on the dash and then sliding a mag into it, which surprisingly seems to work.

Going back to this, if you're afraid of sharks, that Ocean Decent demo is supposed to be no joke. Most people can't make it through.

Also, I've never seen anyone try standing up during the London Heist demo before. I can't believe you can actually do that, but you sure can. I'm impressed.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I don't remember where I saw it (of it was all a fever dream) but if you lean to the left in The London Heist, the door will open so you can lean out and shoot the enemies coming up behind you. I've only seen the car chase demo, but there also used to be a demo where you would hide behind cover and shoot out. I wonder if that is still present in the full VR Worlds game?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.