Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

PlayStation VR Starter Bundle - Still not Restocked in February??

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have been looking for the starter bundle since late November. I just wasn't willing to over pay for one someone was trying to flip for $800 to $1,100. I can fully understand units getting snapped up until Dec 25, but now we are are week into January and it still seems like nothing is getting restocked.

I have to buy online because of where I live. Any retail store that could get one is 30 miles across some cold water for me, so I can't quick pop into a store that might bet three.

I really hope Sony can re-stock to sufficient levels that they don't get snapped up by people trying to flip them.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It almost seems like Sony put them out and then let it die. Just like the move controllers.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that the starter bundles were a one time deal.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Two PSVR non-bundles were sitting in my local (Canadian) Best Buy yesterday, sad and unloved. I doubt they'll get bought anytime soon because the value proposition is absolutely garbage if you have to also buy Move controllers or a camera to use the VR headset.

It seems insane to me that Sony is not putting out any more starter bundles. I know exactly one person that has a PS Camera, and not a single person who has any Move controllers. It feels like the window where purchasing PSVR made any sense is rapidly closing.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I saw a bundle at my local GameStop for 500 bucks. I believe it was the standard launch bundle. But after really thinking about it I don't think I'm gonna pick it up. They are out there still I suppose, you probably just gotta look harder now

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It almost seems like Sony put them out and then let it die. Just like the move controllers.

Sony have perhaps the worst record of supporting the hardware they release. So much stuff gets abandoned almost immediately.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The first "real" VR game available for the PSVR is going to be Resident Evil VII, but it's also going to be available without VR. Perhaps Sony knows this, and they're withholding stock until that game is available, to get a better understanding of the demand and necessity of having actual full games to sell VR. It would be pretty bad to not have enough stock of the hardware for the release of what is arguably the closest thing Sony will have for a while in terms of a system seller.

And for everyone suggesting failure, that would be PSVR being available everywhere and starting to get marked down. That would be the PSTV, not this.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

As someone who works retail I can confirm they were a one time launch thing the Q1 playstation magazine they sent out confirmed it as such the core bundle is all that being sent out.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@haruko said:

As someone who works retail I can confirm they were a one time launch thing the Q1 playstation magazine they sent out confirmed it as such the core bundle is all that being sent out.

For those who can't get one anymore, if it makes you feel any better, you should know that the PS VR Worlds game that was included really is pretty crappy.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels like support for this thing is already over.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By monkeyking1969

Now ist is February and Amazon.com, Wal-Mart and Target still do not have new stock. Both Amazon and Wal-Mart are showing systems being sold by 3rd parties for a jacked-up price. Even Gamestop doesn't have a new one they are selling? I think I can buy just the headset form Best Buy...but I don't really like Best Buy. When is Sony going to re-stock everyone else?

It seems crazy that you cannot buy a bundle, yet even weirder that ONLY Best Buy has the headset for base-price of $399.

At this point I just want to buy the frigging headset and new PS 'wands' from Amazon.com...and I can't do that.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Stop being so picky. You can go online and get what you want for the price you want. Amazon is just as evil as Best Buy is, in fact, they're probably worse. Did Best Buy run over your dog or something?

btsjigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to get the $500 bundle from amazon two weeks ago. For a couple day span they were getting restocked and selling out within minutes according to a stock tracker website I looked at. I believe you can set in stock alerts to be sent to you from many of them.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Same day you posted that comment Sony announced two new VR bundles for NA - available from next week.

Available at most retailers -

• PlayStation VR headset
    • PlayStation Camera
    • Two PlayStation Move motion controllers
    • PlayStation VR demo disc
    • PlayStation VR Worlds

Available only at Gamestop/EB Games -

• PlayStation VR headset
    • PlayStation Camera
    • Two PlayStation Move motion controllers
    • PlayStation VR demo disc
    • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Both listed at $500.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Same day you posted that comment Sony announced two new VR bundles for NA - available from next week.

Both listed at $500.

Well that is at least progress! I'll buy one of those bundles simply to get it all at once and to have the demo discs.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better hurry. Psychonauts, Dirt Rally, Ace Combat 7, Farpoint and Star Trek Bridges. The games are really gonna be great for 2017.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.