Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation

Platform »

Sony's first video game console established the PlayStation brand. It dominated the 32/64-bit era and was the best-selling home console up until the PlayStation 2.

News coverage

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By vipersona

It's been 14 hours since Playstation announced their Feb. 20 meeting. It is widely speculated to be the Playstation 4. I can't believe there has not been a news post or at least a Twitter post on the news.

I did hear talk of it on "Thursday Night Throwdown".

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By vipersona

It's been 14 hours since Playstation announced their Feb. 20 meeting. It is widely speculated to be the Playstation 4. I can't believe there has not been a news post or at least a Twitter post on the news.

I did hear talk of it on "Thursday Night Throwdown".

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

Speculation is not news.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kerned

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

Speculation is not news.

Eh. The Wall Street Journal says that they have confirmed that this will in fact be the PS4 announcement. They are a pretty good source for news of that sort. I'm going to say this is barely in the "speculation" department anymore.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morningstar

Well, we'll all see in 19 days.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

@Kerned said:

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

Speculation is not news.

Eh. The Wall Street Journal says that they have confirmed that this will in fact be the PS4 announcement. They are a pretty good source for news of that sort. I'm going to say this is barely in the "speculation" department anymore.

I didn't know that, but what would the news post be beyond "Sony teases a reveal on the 20th of Feb, it's heavily speculated that it could be the Playstation 4".

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kerned

@Fire_Of_The_Wind: Well, the news would be that the WSJ is confirming that it's the PS4, citing their own sources. That's pretty big news. The WSJ doesn't tend to report speculation as fact unless they are very certain. People rely on them for accurate financial reporting, so it's unlikely that they would take a swing and a miss reporting a rumor of this sort unless they had it on good authority that it's true. They wouldn't so casually risk being wrong and losing credibility in the eyes of their readers.

Of course we'll all find out for ourselves in less than three weeks,

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vipersona

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you have a video game site as large as Giant Bomb, with a dedicated news staffer and the first navigation tab is labeled news, you should report on a Sony announcement that is being so widely reported. Sometimes you have to report news everyone else is reporting even if it is just universal speculation. I love Giant Bomb and want it to be my one stop for video game coverage.

I see they have since posted Sony's announcement video. Late is far better than never.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jking47

The video they did is posted, that is enough. I don't want the giantbomb crew to feel like they need to be the fastest with news, that's not what they are about at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.