Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation

Platform »

Sony's first video game console established the PlayStation brand. It dominated the 32/64-bit era and was the best-selling home console up until the PlayStation 2.

Super Smash Bros: Playstation/Xbox

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By liquidmatt

OK, so my topic title sucks, but what I'm interested in is this;

If Sony or Microsoft were to make a fighting game with a compilation of characters (Like Nintendo's SSB), who would they be, what moves etc. would they have, what music would play and what would the maps be?

In other words - design this game guys! You can either just suggest a favourite character or if you're up for it go the whole hog and tell me every little detail that you'd include!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Better plan, Nintendo makes a new hardware capable console and gets some of those sods (Master Chief, Kratos, Nathan Drake, Banjo, whoever) into their next Smash game.

I really doubt Sony or Microsoft having near enough useable characters for such a game to be any kind of good fun.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

yeah, I don't really like the idea of Master Chief "sticking" Banjo with a grenade... 

Nintendo is the last bastion of mascots. Those died out long before Sony and Microsoft hit the game scene (though not for lack of trying. Blinx, anyone?). Nintendo already had established franchises with mascot-y type characters though, so those have stuck around. The modern Sony and Microsoft roster are filled with more-or-less better developed characters, who wouldn't make sense in a cross-over. Kratos in MK? It works out alright, but it still feels shoe-horned in there. Also, the worlds surrounding these characters have become more realized then they were in the 8 and 16-bit days, so taking the characters out of them is incredibly jarring. Link and Mario can be ripped from their worlds because it already seems like they're from the same universe, just different parts of it. You can't say the same about Nathan Drake and Sackboy.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

SSB has the advantage that most Nintendo characters have unique ways of attacking. Most other game heroes use guns. so it would be Gears of War.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.