Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation

Object » linked to 22 games

The first of the Sony Entertainment Computer System console series which was released in December in 1994.

What are your most wanted game(s) for the PS Classic?

• 51 results
    MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

Not that long ago, Sony has announced they are getting into the mini classic console business by announcing the PS Classic. It will come with 20 pre loaded games and will have the launch controllers where you have the D Pad only and no analog sticks. the 5 games that have been announced so far are Final Fantasy 7, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer R4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms. With 15 slots still unannounced, what are some PS1 games you'd want the most onto the library? I'm someone who never had a PS1 so I'm interested in buying this to discover some of the system's best and most iconic games for the first time since I was an N64 kid. Some of these games listed are games that I either did play at a friends' house, games where I played future installments and want to experience the beginning or just simply want to play. Here we go here's my list:

• Final Fantasy Tactics: I absolutely loved FF Tactics Advanced when I played it on the GBA. That alongside Fire Emblem and Advance Wars were amazing Turn Based Strategy games that helped me develop a love for the genre now. That said, classic FF Tactics players actually really hate Tactics Advanced mainly because they felt the story and characters were inferior and the referee seemed like a deal breaker. This is my most wanted game for the PS Classic to experience what many claim as one of the great Turn Based Strategy Games out there. Of course if FF Tactics doesn't make the cut, there's always the iPhone Option to purchase.
    • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2: I have a fondness playing the first two Tony Hawks at my cousin's house back in the late 99's-early 2000's. It really was a fun sports game that changed the way skating games became as skateboarding games like XTreme were racers. Hopefully Sony can seal up some licensing issues and get 2 on here (apparently Tekken 3 never got re-released on PS3/PSP due to licensing with Gon). Also Spider-Man is in it,you know the star of Sony's hottest new exclusive.
    • Metal Gear Solid:Jeff made some great points on why this would be a lot worse since PS Classic won't have Rumble support and its a worse game without the rumble. However I think MGS still deserves to be on here. Its one of the all time greatest classics for the system and can't be skipped.
    • Crash Team Racing:There are some people out there who claim this is the greatest kart racer ever. I'd like to see this on the PS Classic so I can finally try it out and see if its better than the 1 true best Kart Racer, Mario Kart DS.
    • Hot Shots Golf 2:I love golf games, yet I never played a HGS/Everybody's golf. I feel 2 has a better chance because that's the first HGS made by the current dev, Clap Hanz. The Mario Tennis devs at Camelot actually made the first game and 2 has more variety in golf courses (I think) and secret characters (Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, Sir Dan from MedEvil, and freaking Gex are unlockable)
    • Rival Schools: Scientifically the greatest fighting game of all time of course. Don't know if this actually makes it in because its a niche Capcom fighter, but it would be sick!
    • Vib Ribbon: At least have an MP3 player or maybe somehow use Spotify to upload music into the game?
    cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MGS
    Destruction Derby 2
    Gran Turismo
    Syphon Filter 1, 2 and 3
    SOTN
    GTA
    One of my favourite racing games on PS1 is Porsche Challenge, but hoping for that would be silly.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Here’s my list, which is mostly informed by what I played in the 90s, with the exception of Puzzle Fighter, which is one I’ve always wanted to play.

Metal Gear Solid - absolute classic, this needs to be in

Gran Turismo 2 - I know Ridge Racer is already the bundle, but my friends and I played GT2 a lot growing up.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 - this might be the best PS1 game. It’s so perfectly designed.

Tomb Raider - because there has to be a Tomb Raider game

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 1 and 2 are more nostalgic, but 1 has a remake and 2 gets one in January

Soul Edge (or Soul Blade, depending on territory) - the forgotten game in the Soulcalibur franchise, this is probably not very big in the public consciousness, but I have a lot of nostalgia for it.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - I think 2 is by far the best Crash game

Syphon Filter (possibly 2) - the tazer and the silly running animation, just saying

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - admittedly, I will probably hate how this controls now, but loved it at the time

Spyro the Dragon - you can’t not have a Spyro game

Medal of Honor - you can shoot their helmets off

Silent Hill - honestly, with RE already on my list, I can’t say I care enough about this, but it is very popular

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins - I probably have more nostalgia for 2, but I really liked these games

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee - Oddworld is a lot of fun, tempered by a lot of frustration. Perfect PS1 game

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - I’ve always wanted to play it, but never had an opportunity

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Valkyrie Profile

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
    not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ape Escape :(

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don’t have a huge affinity for the Playstation (I was a high school kid at the time, so I was taking advantage of the fun that offers).

When I came back to it, only Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill really stand out as games I’d jump to play legitimately (just give us complete collections on x86 platforms, Konami).

1 Metal Gear Solid

2 Silent Hill

3 Ogre Battle

4 Tekken 2

5 Tomb Raider

6 Twisted Metal 2

7 Die Hard Trilogy

8 Resident Evil

9 Soul Reaver

10 Tenchu

11 Chrono Trigger

12 Symphony of the Night

I think that’s about it. Maybe throw Puzzle Fighter or Street Fighter Alpha 3 in there to brighten/mix things up. I also get that no Final Fantasy games is probably nuts, so...point taken, in advance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9
    deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Alundra

Rayman

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Klonoa

Tomba!

Vib Ribbon

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Grand Turismo

Crash Team Racing

Metal Gear Solid

Tekken

Gex

Twisted Metal

Hogs of War

Oddworld

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Rollcage

Driver

Spyro

Legacy of Kain

Ridge Racer

Parappa

Silent Hill

Symphony of the Night

WWF Smackdown 2

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Shout out to future cop LAPD, G-police, Rayman, Tomba, Vagrant Story & Team Buddies.

MGS , THPS2 & FF7 are essential.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

Colony Wars, Future Cop L.A.P.D., G-Police and Blam! Machine Head.

They should also release a PlayStation Mouse replica with built-in storage containing all the mouse compatible games - The Command & Conquer series, Lemmings, KKnD, Warzone 2100, A-Train and Myst.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside of the obvious classics:

• GTA London
    • Soul Blade/Edge
    • Doom (it is the best version IMO)
    • Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
    • PowerSlave
    • Lunar 2?
    • Klonoa
    • Mickey Mania/Mickey's Wild Adventure

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, its all about the games that aren't available in their original forms on current platforms. I'm sure the Classic will be filled with those though, because most of the iconic games are the ones where there was interest in porting them elsewhere, especially to PC (all the main line Final Fantasy games for instance), and I assume this is meant to be an nostalgia trip down the iconic games. But if I had my druthers, there'd be games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Suikoden II, and Legend of Dragoon. A real celebration of the golden age of JRPGs.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MattGiersoni

Crash Team Racing is all I care about, it's the best kart racer ever in my personal opinion. I played most Mario Karts and they are great but CTR is king for me since I guess I just like Crash series characters way more. CTR gameplay still holds up and drifting around and boosting is super fun especially if you're good at it and can chain boosts to get ultimates. Good selection of tracks (good designs with shortcuts too) , characters and modes and my favorite thing, a really awesome Story Mode. It's one of my favorite games ever and I return to it from time to time. Damn, I was really hoping for a remake after Crash Trilogy came out, maybe someone will do it if Medievil is getting one (love that game too).

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jamesyfx

Wipeout XL / 2097

That is all!

I'm surprised that game hasn't been mentioned.. maybe I was the only one who was obsessed with it as a kid!

Alamun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Brave Fencer Musashi - I got to the last level but never beat it
    • Mega Man Legends - I beat this game back in the day. Bought the PS1 classic, but playing that game on Vita with only one set of shoulder buttons kinda sucks.
    • Mega Man Legends 2 - Never played it. I want to fix that!
    • Final Fantasy Tactics - Beat it recently on Android, but would play again!
    • Legend of Dragoon - Borrowed it from a friend, but never finished it
    • Colony Wars - I remember watching my brother play this, but I never did.
    • Valkyrie Profile - I remember watching my cousin play this, but I also never did.

These must be included!

They will probably not all be included. Especially Mega Man Legends 2. Maybe not even Mega Man Legends 1 :(

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Future Cop LAPD

Spyro

Crash bandicoot

MGS

Oddworld

Tomb Raider

Legend of the Dragoon

Heart of Darkness

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By madladunit

Fighting Force.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Einhänder, because most of what I have in mind are pretty standard titles that can either be downloaded on PSN or bought on Amazon and Ebay for not over $100.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Persona 2: Eternal Punishtment.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenchu : Stealth Assassins... that is all...

Every other ps1 game i care about i already own on ps3.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy VII

Tekken 3

Gran Turismo 2 (I assume this probably wont happen purely because I wouldve expected them to be out of the gate with Gran Turismo if it was going to be included and not Ridge Racer)

Spyro

Crash

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Twisted Metal 2

Soul Reaver

Tenchu

Note that I could probably generate a list entirely made up of JRPGs, but these are games I would pick if I were going for a diverse set of "iconic" PS1 games.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dryker

Don't really care for this product. Loved the system, but don't have the same nostalgia for it that I have for the NES or SNES (A mini TurboGrafx would be cool). Nor do I have much of a desire to re-play early Playstation games. They pioneered 3D gaming. We're still 3D gaming mostly (though VR will eventually be more prevalent I suspect), and going back to the early ones just seems clunky and grating. The form doesn't really hold up artistically (in my opinion) as well as early pixel art and sprites. You don't see a bunch of indies trying to capture that cool early 3D look in their games for a reason. There's no real appeal (but who knows, perhaps one day they will. Stranger things have happened. Trump got elected, after all). But, that being said, I do have a few suggestions that, if you're going to bother making one of these machines, these titles should be on it:

1. Legacy of Kain (with a bullet. The first one. If they do this, I'll probably buy one purely out of fond remembrance of this game. Vae Victus!)

2. Jet Moto

3. Oddworld (all of them)

4. Final Fantasy Tactics (though, I had thought this was already confirmed)

5. I.Q.

6. MGS (duh)

7. Tomb Raider (again, duh, but who really wants to play it. It looks horrible.)

8. Suikoden

9. Crash (again, duh. But it was just remastered, I didn't care to play that either.)

10. Twisted Metal (again, duh.)

11. Tony Hawk (again, duh.)

12. Resident Evil (again, duh.)

13. Parappa (again, duh.)

14. Symphony of the Night (big duh.)

15. Gran Turismo (too iconic not to. Never really cared for racing games, though. Jet Moto was an exception. They better include it. Though, again, it probably looks like shit now.)

The only real value to this thing is its historical significance. That being said, if they don't include all the seminal titles (the "duh" titles. Of which I'm sure I missed some), then what's the point? But who knows? For people who were in their formative years when the Playstation came out (5 to 14), perhaps the nostalgic draw is much stronger, and more comparable to my draw to NES, SNES, Genesis, and Turbo Grafx titles. Although, I have yet to order any of these minis. I would have, if Nintendo hadn't run out of the first run, but now I've decided to divert those funds to the upcoming Arcade1up cabinets, instead, which are much more appealing as a functional art piece (which these minis mainly are. Even for those who claim to really want to play them, they'll last much longer as art pieces on a shelf). The $100 price point is a little steep as well. But if they include ALL the seminal titles, then I could see the historical value in it.

Tblockkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castlevania SOTN

Megamanx4

Legend of Mana

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Alundra

Street fighter alpha 3

xenogears

There are probably others but I rather not see too many 3D games because of how bad those would look now.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered one of these on day one, and after seeing lists here and other places, I’m realizing I don’t have any desire to play even one original PlayStation game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

The only one I really would care about is Metal Gear Solid. Maybe Medal of Honor would be okay. All the other games, for one reason or another I am not as interested in (and not 'because they're not good enough').

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Vagrant Story
    • Xenogears
    • Parasite Eve
    • Symphony of the Night
    • Suikoden II
    • Breath of Fire IV

Symphony is practically a given if you ask me. If any one of those others make it, I would be flabbergasted.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah It seems very unlikely that they'd stack this thing full of them, but imo the PS1 era was the golden age of JRPGS. Back in the days when SquareSoft and Enix were actually doing their very best to out perform each other on a fairly regular basis. So I really hope the just get as many of those as they can. Get some Chrono Cross in there, Breath of Fire, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Legend of Dragoon. Lunar Silver Star Story, Front Mission, Persona 2, Legend of Mana, etc, etc. Just go hard on the JRPGs Sony.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theuprightman

Lots of people have said Tomb Raidsr but I think Tomb Raider 2 would or maybe even both would be a better choice as it plays a lot better, and if they include RE1 they should get RE2 for the same reasons.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden 1 and 2 (or just 2 as its the better one)

Front Mission 3

Final Fantasy Tactics

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Future Cop LAPD

WarGames Defcon 1

Overboard! (was Shipwreckers! in US)

Medievil

Tomb Raider II

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xshinobi
    • Final Fantasy 9 - A way better game then FF7 and second only to FF6.
    • Final Fantasy Tactics
    • Xenogears
    • Suikoden II
    • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    • Vagrant Story
    • Breath of Fire 4
    • Parasite Eve
    • The Legend of Dragoon
    • Tenchu
    shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man, just for that awesome police chase level.

darkadderius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My list:

- Die Hard Trilogy
    - OG Crash would be sweet
    - some classic Tomb Raider titles (TR 3 would be the best, IMO)
    - MGS1

Other titles could really surprise me, as I would like to know some other classics besides the ones I've already played and would like to play them again :)

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Chrono Cross. it's the only ps1 game I've played to completion, and i love it.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Totally with you on MGS.

Metal of Honor...I thought about that one, too. I haven’t played since it was a new release, but I can’t fathom it holding up.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ape Escape :(

I see what you did there and it makes me sad.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Silent Hill,
    Suikoden 1 & 2,
    SotN.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkadderius: OH SHIT! The Die Hard trilogy game was sooo good, totally forgot about that game.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkadderius: OH SHIT! The Die Hard trilogy game was sooo good, totally forgot about that game.

I will still never beat Die Hard with a Vengeance. What a freaking tough game that was.

1st is great fun, and the 2nd is a surprisingly decent on-rails shooter. I just remember hearing grunts and "Happy trails!" a lot.

Sadly, due to licensing issues I doubt it would get included.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hippie_genocide

I don't have too much of an interest in the PS1 Classic since I still have a PS3 fat hooked up in my office, but if I were to make a list, it'd be something like:

• Board Game Top Shop
    • Silent Bomber
    • Final Fantasy Tactics
    • Gran Turismo 2
    • Street Fighter EX +Alpha
    • Die Hard Trilogy
    • Incredible Crisis
    • Hot Shots Golf 2
    • Wipeout XL
    • Sled Storm
    • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    • Pocket Fighter
    • Einhander
    • Omega Boost
    • Colony Wars
    • Those other 5 already announced games, I guess...
    DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trap Gunner

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: No, it doesn't. To be honest, I never finished the first Medal of Honor. I am not particularly fond of it frankly (not that I disliked it, just that, as I said, I hardly played it), but I was just saying, the games I'd like to see, that's one of them. There are so many classic PS1 games that can be played elsewhere or there's some other reason that Medal of Honor was a game I was thinking about since you can't really get that experience anywhere else other than PS1. I think it's a fine game (great music), and from what I remember it had relatively modern feeling controls. Plus, Medal of Honor isn't really a thing today, so to go back to the start would be interesting. The PS1 classic isn't really worth buying for MGS, but it's honestly all I'd really care to play through on there probably.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Ninja: Shadow of Darkness
    • Bushido Blade 1
    • Bushido Blade 2
    • Tekken 2
    • Pocket Fighter
    • Resident Evil 2
    • Dino Crisis
    • Parasite Eve
    • Silent Hill
    • Legend of the Dragoon
    • Castlevania SotN
    • Tomb Raider
    • Twisted Metal 2
    • Psychic Force
    • Hexen
    • Road Rash
    • Metal Gear Solid
    liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I wonder how big an OG Xbox Classic would be. They sure wouldn't be able to call it mini.

I don't think I'd be able to resist a PS2 mini Classic though Sony would probably charge $150+.

Omg, mini Gamecube would be even more adorable.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9de71ea580
    deactivated-65f9de71ea580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Einhänder

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, here's what I think should make it:

FF7 - I loved all 3 of the made for PS1 FF games but do agree that this is the definitive.

Crash Bandicoot 2: The best on the trilogy and there must be a bandicoot title on this thing.

Tomb Raider 2: Arguably 3 is better, but I loved this game as a kid.

Spyro the dragon: 2 is better, but this feels more classic to me.

Tekken 3: So glad it's already been confirmed.

Gran Turismo: Just put it on for posterity.

Abes oddysee: played through the demo of this so much before getting it back in the day

MGS: yes.

Medieval: another demo wonder for me.

And my random nostalgia picks:

Croc: ... Just let me have this one.

Space Jam... *Cough* this too

Overboard!: @OMGFather was literally thinking of this game earlier today!

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could only think of 12. Here are the ones I'd love to see in order of how excited I am, starting with my big favorite:

• Legend of Legaia
    • The Unholy War
    • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Parasite Eve
    • Symphony of the Night
    • Xenogears
    • Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
    • Twisted Metal
    • Pocket Fighter
    • Mega Man Legends
    • Tomba!
    Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@neondinosaur:

Wow, a fellow Croc fan. I was playing Gex : Enter the Gecko at the same time, but Croc had superior PC controls. Especially the camera control in Gex was atrocious. Take that lizard!

As a kid i would put paper on top of the gamebox and trace the lines to 'draw Croc'. I remember doing this A LOT. Give me a colorful 3d platformer with bossfights, an iceworld a fireworld and a jungle world and i'm happy.

No Caption Provided

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Crash Bash and Crash Team Racing.

Lego Racers and Lego Rock Raiders.

@onemanarmyy: Hot damn Croc was great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.