Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White Version 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 07, 2012

The story of Pokémon Black/White continues in this direct sequel for the Nintendo DS system.

New Pokemon Black/White 2 info: new new new!

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZenaxPure

New info up from CoroCoro, the highlights:

• 2 years after first games, new playable characters
    • New rival
    • Unova is partially frozen(?) opening up new areas.
    • Seems to be some new gym leaders.
    • New starting town
    • Also seems there will be a mix of old pokemon to catch before beating the game instead of strictly new pokemon

So looks like slightly more than the usual third version this time. Serebii has the scans up.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

Interesting. Any information on how the stories tie together other than being in the same region?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It's pretty much exactly what I expected. Same region, same pokemon, same starters, a couple of new areas and changes to some of the old and a different story. It's better than the typical rehashed third version we usually get, but a lot of people seem disappointed. I can't believe anyone was really expecting a new region.

My only problem is with the new trainer designs, I'm not a big fan of either. The female trainer is alright, but can we get a blonde or a red head for a change? Or you know.. customisable trainers?

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ketchupp

@WinterSnowblind said:

My only problem is with the new trainer designs, I'm not a big fan of either. The female trainer is alright, but can we get a blonde or a red head for a change? Or you know.. customisable trainers?

Red headed girl trainer would be the best! Also yeah, that boy looks baaaad.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

The crap is up with that guy's hairstyle?

Having skipped B&W in anticipation for the special version I don't know how I feel about this. I feel like I'm kinda missing out on the events on the first game, yet I don't want to get it when an updated version is coming. Also I liked the original boy design for the first time since Gold, yet they totally...I mean what the fuck is that thing on his head?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Maybe I should play through the first one. For some reason I never finished it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh god.. What is wrong with those trainers?!

Also this game sounds kinda interesting, with it being more of a continuation of the story instead of just the same story all over again (although let's face it, it is still the same "story").

Now I want Black / White 3 to be set in a post-apocalyptic world after the trainer from this game uses the ultimate power to blow up the world. So you have to journey out into this hostile, destroyed and warped world where you have to gather Pokemons and beat evil trainers while collecting a team of good trainers. Then it will end in a final showdown between you and the satanic demon version of the trainer from Black / White 2.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@RockmanBionics said:

Having skipped B&W in anticipation for the special version I don't know how I feel about this. I feel like I'm kinda missing out on the events on the first game, yet I don't want to get it when an updated version is coming.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional. It seems more and more people were skipping the initial releases to wait for the inevitable third version.. By making a few more tweaks and having a continuation of the storyline, instead of just plain repeating the same stuff, they're essentially forcing everyone to go back and buy the originals, or at least think twice before skipping the next set of games.

And if you don't like the male trainer at least there.. is another.. Skywalker..

No Caption Provided
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By jacksukeru

@WinterSnowblind: Yeah I figured as much, which is also why I quickly brushed off the thought that "maybe I should get the first games anyway?".

Apart from the Leia buns the female trainer looks pretty cute, I guess I'll go with the female trainer...again.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By 49th

New Pokemon information:

It's Pokemon.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

Probably would have been more okay finding out this is more like the inevitable third milking of the generation if they weren't splitting it into two games.

Meh... believe it or not I still might be interested because I didn't actually play any Black after the Elite 4 and it's otherwise been awhile since I spent some time with a Pokemon game. That's a big "might" though. There are other much better games I'm going to prioritize.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By halberdierv2

hmm... since when did Pokemon take place on Alderaan? now we must make sure that they do not fall to the dark side of the force...

ok star wars jokes aside, I dunno how I feel about the protagonists. they seem to be kids again, which I'm a bit disappointed in. then again, look who the general demographic is....

This needs a story to really get me interested in it, preferrably one to continue B/W's good one.

Kenshinfan818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Kenshinfan818

Kinda bummed about it so far. I loved the story in the first B/W so I'm hoping the second is just as good. The starting trainers look pretty lame though. Did they specify what town you start in? Or is it a brand new one all together?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZenaxPure

@Kenshinfan818 said:

Kinda bummed about it so far. I loved the story in the first B/W so I'm hoping the second is just as good. The starting trainers look pretty lame though. Did they specify what town you start in? Or is it a brand new one all together?

@Zenaxzd said:

• New starting town

It should also be noted that the new city is located in the southwest part of the region as opposed to the south east, so we may not be traveling to cities in the same order this time (since there are new gym leaders as well). If you look at the scan that has Unova on it you can see that the entire southwest section of the region that was previously just inaccessible grass area is now full of routes with at least 2 new cities if not more.

All in all this is way more than I was expecting from the typical third version and given this is 2 years after B/W it will be interesting to see what Team PETA have been up to and what is up with N.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@49th said:

New Pokemon information:

It's Pokemon.

Yeah, but this time it's Pokemon squad based first person combat with up to 16 players, 5 classes of Pokemon, each with over 8 different weapon types to choose from!

Pokemon Black and White 2: Of Duty!

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By awadnin

Need Pokemon Gray for 3DS

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZenaxPure

@awadnin said:

Need Pokemon Gray for 3DS

I doubt it will happen honestly. I assume the teams will be hard at work on Generation 6 after these come out. I have to assume they will do something interesting though, they've already made full 3D models for every pokemon with that pokedex app on the 3DS, surely they plan to use those for more than just some pokedex.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.