Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

Help with beating the Elite Four (No Spoilers)

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Bigheart711

I'm now in front of the Pokemon League Building and on the way to attempting to beat the Elite Four in order to move on to the Champion, but I feel very unprepared. So far, I have a few pokemon in the middle 40's in level (and only one over Level 50), and I think I should grind through in order to have them be at good enough levels to beat them, but am I in the right of way, or am I off somewhere? Here are some other questions to ponder ...

• How many Potions, Revives and Full Restores should I get?
    • Which types of pokemon should I use to face them all? (I remember they each have specific types of pokemon.)
    • Is this version specific (Does anyone in the White version end up with different EF characters)?
    • How can I beat the Champion after I get them all (Without spoilers, please!)?
    • Are there any other things I should consider when taking them all on?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I all ways just leveled up my guys and plowed though them. 

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeGosot

You never beat Elite Four. You temporarily put them out of a combat state, at least until the next game. ELITE FOUR IS ETERNAL. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Grind wild pokemon on victory road for a few hours? That always seems to work in situations like these.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Codeacious

I was around 48-52 when I beat them, if I recall. Victory Road is a good way to get a few more levels if you think you need them.

And ALWAYS take as many full restores as you can get without making yourself broke. They're invaluable. Revives too- you'll need them.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By 49th

I just grinded my pokemon on the elite 4 in emerald version. I ended up having no money but I had each of my pokemon at the lowest possible level to beat them, which were all around 40-50. After fighting them over and over you notice they do the same thing every time through the way the game is programmed. For example, if you get their pokemon into the red they will use a full heal and they would also always use the same move at certain points. It was kinda cool.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coakroach

Hit em with a splash attack.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Carlos1408

I recommend a little more grinding. At least till your pokemon are around level 50. Also take plenty of potions and revives. Full restores are great, but i also recommend getting super potions and hyper potions just in case you want to perk your team up before the next battle, cheaper too.

Obviously you'll need a well balanced team. What pokemon have you got at the moment, and movesets? Would you consider being told what types the elite four specialize in a spoiler?

Good luck.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By Bigheart711

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Grind wild pokemon on victory road for a few hours? That always seems to work in situations like these.

I've been grinding their levels on Victory Road and Route 10, but thanks. n_n

@Carlos1408 said:

Obviously you'll need a well balanced team. What pokemon have you got at the moment, and movesets? Would you consider being told what types the elite four specialize in a spoiler?

Some of my highest are Basculin (Water/Lv. 54), Bouffalant (Normal/Lv. 43), Stoutland (Normal/Lv. 42), Emboar (Fire and Fighting/Lv. 45) Amoongus (Grass and Poison/Lv. 45) and Cobalion (Steel and Fighting/Lv. 44) Excadrill (Ground and Steel/Lv. 41) and Cofagrigus (Ghost/Lv. 43).

And yes, you may put the EF in a spoiler box (I already saw three of them so far), but don't give out whom the Champion is yet (had a strong feeling that it's a certain Plasma goon I know). Also, what types should I consider using?

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Elite Four are difficult this time around. In the other games I usually steamrolled them, but in this game they kind of kicked my team around a little bit, and the battle after that was just... Point is, bring some full restores and revives. You will need them. Excadrill is great, so I recommend leveling him up more. He'll make a great damage-soaker while you heal and revive your other pokemon, if nothing else. Even with most of your guys in the high 40s and low 50s, the fights are going to get messy, so just expect that and try to deal with it as it comes.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Carlos1408

@Bigheart711 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

I've been grinding their levels on Victory Road and Route 10, but thanks. n_n

@Carlos1408 said:

Some of my highest are Basculin (Water/Lv. 54), Bouffalant (Normal/Lv. 43), Stoutland (Normal/Lv. 42), Emboar (Fire and Fighting/Lv. 45) Amoongus (Grass and Poison/Lv. 45) and Cobalion (Steel and Fighting/Lv. 44) Excadrill (Ground and Steel/Lv. 41) and Cofagrigus (Ghost/Lv. 43).

And yes, you may put the EF in a spoiler box (I already saw three of them so far), but don't give out whom the Champion is yet (had a strong feeling that it's a certain Plasma goon I know). Also, what types should I consider using?

Right dude you have good team. However, I recommend you have a psychic (reuniclus or , bug (I suggest escavalier (bug/steel)) and dark (or a pokemon with dark moves). Cofagrigus should come in handy too, and amoongus for status ailments. If you don't want to change your team that's fine you could still win with this team. I would recommend that you get the rest fo your team to at least level 50 though.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

I think that's the part I've always hated about Elite four, is that you show up about 10-20 levels too low to beat them and have to grind for a long ass time. Then again I remember for Yellow I took my first six pokemon all the way, something like Pikachu, Primeape, Raticate, Fearow, Nidoking or something like that. I remember using Seismic toss on the Agatha's ghost types.

Black and White though, I can't help you. Basically just grind till you can sweep through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.