Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

Winter is here

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By finstern

So winter is here... other than Twist Mountain and the frozen over lakes anyone else find any changes? 

Twist Mountain has a new TM, you can now catch Cryogonal and the ice type bear pokémon. 

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Burns09

You can catch Cryogonal and CubChoo in the Autumn. My game wasn't winter yet and I caught them both.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

The deer pokemon changes, so catch that.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By melcene

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I only got to spend around 2 days in Autumn because I got the game recently. So yeah, I've not seen any differences except for the fact that a woman denied selling me the Casteliacone because of the season.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Might have to check that out when I get off work.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NoCookiesForYou
    @melcene:  Yep, my mind went exactly there when i read the title. Can't wait till Game of Thrones finally airs.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By alistercat
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " I only got to spend around 2 days in Autumn because I got the game recently. So yeah, I've not seen any differences except for the fact that a woman denied selling me the Casteliacone because of the season. "
    It just cures status ailments... not much value in it.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Romination
    @AlisterCat said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " I only got to spend around 2 days in Autumn because I got the game recently. So yeah, I've not seen any differences except for the fact that a woman denied selling me the Casteliacone because of the season. "
    It just cures status ailments... not much value in it. "
    And waiting in line for it is waaay too long when you can just buy other status things in bulk.

I'm severely disappointed with Winter. They were talking about how big a change seasons would make and it's done almost nothing except change Twist Mountain and Icirrus City. I guess it's just another thing of Game Freak talking out of their asses about how this game would revolutionize Pokemon.
    Also, don't get me wrong, I love the game, but they promised so much and delivered so little.
    Joey Blanton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joey Blanton

I happened to be inside Twist Mountain when I started my game ('cuz I was getting my daily previous-generation fossil the day before), and walked outside and was really surprised. 

I can't really see any other difference anywhere else though, which is disappointing. 

I'm just really glad to finally get that Dowsing Machine reading in Iccirus city (the one that's literally in the random pit in the ground). I sat there forever a couple of weeks ago trying to figure out how to get it. Haha

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

I got to this store in Castelia City for the first time this morning and the shopkeeper said they were closed during winter. I was like fuuuuck. Did not know seasons would affect that in this game.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By JoeyRavn

My last save was just outside route 3 (yeah, I've just started the game a couple days ago). Nothing out of the ordinary. I entered a house and when I got out... BOOM. Winter. Awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.