Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2006

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are the first iteration of Pokémon games to appear on the Nintendo DS. Both Games are set in the world of Sinnoh, which habitats 493 different species of Pokémon.

Help please

Nonethewiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nonethewiser

I am in Japan and just bought a DSi and Pokemon Diamond (used, which is an important factor which I will flesh out here in a second). I speak a little Japanese but dont understand most of the language. I have been able to get by pretty well except I can't save and I don't know why! 

I understand where the save option is in the menu, for those of you who speak japanese better than I do this is what it says when I try to save: すでに べつの ポケモンレポートが かかれていますので レポトガ かけません。 くわしくは とりあつかいせつめいし ょを  ごらんください。 

But I think it means there is already a saved game so because of this I cannot save. Then it definately says to please refer to the instruction manual, which i will try to do but I have failed at thus far. I bought this game used so it already came with a saved game on it. Anyone know how to save over/delete already existing saves on pokemon diamond?
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

I think it already used all the saved slots? I think.

Nonethewiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nonethewiser

K. Do you play diamond? How would I go about freeing a saved slot up (the one and only?)
    Nonethewiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nonethewiser

I figured it out, thank you. You were helpful though... I was able to narrow down my google search. Now that I found it I found it in the manual as well but thats some jenky shit. 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_delete_save_file_in_pokemon_diamond    Press up on the control pad, press select, and press the b button all at the same time on the screen where it says press start.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.