Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2006

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are the first iteration of Pokémon games to appear on the Nintendo DS. Both Games are set in the world of Sinnoh, which habitats 493 different species of Pokémon.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl speedrun strategies?

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BiskutHD

Hello

I wanted to start speedrunning pokemon diamond and pearl as they are my personal favourites. I picked these over platinum as they tend to be shorter despite the frame-rate and other issues,

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for speedrunning these, if so please share them with me

I also want to do glitchless otherwise it would probably just be tweaking to get to the end.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

Hi! Unfortunately I've only ever done Pokemon Gold Any%, and I doubt many people here will know much about D/P speedrunning. However, I recommend you check out Speedrun.com

They have a guides section here: https://www.speedrun.com/pkmndp/guides which might not be 100% up to date but will totally be a big help starting out, and they have a forum for any questions you might have. Somewhere there's probably a Pokemon Speedrun Discord or IRC you can join too. Hope that helps!

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Maybe you should try and watch some speedruns. Only did a pokemon red speed run and that involved a nidoking and the move thrash.

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: Yeah I think that would be better most of the guides are a bit old and rubbish

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.