Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Go

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jul 06, 2016

Become the closest thing to an actual Pokémon Trainer in this augmented-reality mobile game based on the original Pokémon RPGs.

I made a dumb little concept image of a 2D Pokémon Go which blew up online

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Reddit post

Kotaku article

This was an idea for a "low graphics" setting that would hopefully reduce the battery draw of the game. My plan was to have the gym and capture scenes be the same as they are now, but have this as the map screen, since that's what you see most of the time. I figured rendering less stuff would be much easier on the battery.

Many people are saying that the GPS, data transferal, and screen brightness are the real issues, but I'm not certain that's the case.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this dumb thing because it's dumb that it blew up like it did. Seems to be a very popular concept though. People want more 2D in their mobile Pokémon game!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd use it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I would be all for this as an optional toggle effect. Looks great.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

too cute

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.