Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Epic Pokebomb tournament (signups)!

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

Yo, break this tournament down!

• This will be your basic standard single elimination 16 man tournament. Lv 100, standard rules.
    • Signups will end on Friday June 18th. Brackets will be made on Saturday, June 19th, and tournament begins on Sunday June 20th at 5:00pm PST (google translation for time if you are not PST)
    • You do NOT need HG.SS, any 4th generation pokemon game will do.

I am a fool, what are standard rules?

• Showing up
    If you are 10 minutes late without contacting me, you are DQed 

• Sleep Clause
    You can't use sleep inducing moves in opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon in his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakes or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleeping being caused by Effect Spore or Rest are disconsidered from Sleep Clause. 

• Species Clause
    You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team. 

• Evasion Clause
    You can't use moves that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Acupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion. 

• OHKO Clause
    You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold. 

• No Hacks
    Don't need to explain, you are prohibited to use any illegally obtained Pokémon. Hacking parents to breed is also unaccepted, but people can't control this just looking at the stats. Hacking Pokémon with "legit stats" is also not allowed. 

• No Ubers
    Uber Pokémon are overpowered Pokémon. Since these are "Standard Rules" you have to use the "Standard Pokémon". 
    The current uber list:
    Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Dialga
    Garchomp
    Giratina
    Giratina-O
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Latias (With Soul Dew)
    Latios
    Lugia
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Shaymin-S
    Wobbuffet
    • No Hax Items
    These are all the items that relies on luck to activate. These items are:
    Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, Lansat Berry, Stick and Lucky Punch. Note: Scope Lens, Razor Claw and Stick are hax items, but they are the only ones allowed in competitive play, as they just increase the odds of something that can already happen.

• No Disconnecting
    You can't turn off your DS or move away from signal range to end a battle. People can have weak routers so don't always fight with the people if he/she disconnected. Not exactly a rule, but an ethic sense. If someone disconnects, you must try again, if it happens multiple times, you are gonna need to leave... both of you guys (why is this rule so harsh? A: I am seperating battlers by area, there is no way you will be Disconnecting more than 4 times if you are that close). 

Signups! [gb name (West Coast/Central/East Coast/Other) | (FRIEND CODE)] 

1. demontium (West Coast) | (1634-6139-7922)   
    2. JJWeatherman (West Coast) | ( 4812-9155-5458)   

FAQ

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Aw crap. I think I'm gonna have to sign-up for this. 

west coast - FC: 4812 9155 5458

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demontium
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Aw crap. I think I'm gonna have to sign-up for this.  west coast - FC: 4812 9155 5458 "
    AWWW YEA!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By demontium

Oh btw FAQs will be filled out once.... well people ask the lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.