Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Give zubat a chance!

beatlebrainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By beatlebrainiac
     FFUUUUUUUUU another zubat?!?!?!?
     FFUUUUUUUUU another zubat?!?!?!?

We all know that feeling. Walking into a cave, biting your lip, holding back the rage you feel every...single...FUCKING...time a wild zubat appears. Here's a little hint though...catch one. That's right. Catch a zubat as early as possible. You won't regret it.  
    Madness, you say? Think about these facts first:

1. Zubat's final evolution, Crobat, has insane stats for a non-legendary. You can use his quick speed and attack for some devastating OHKOs.
     If you're doing it right, you won't be seeing  this ugly mug for long.
     If you're doing it right, you won't be seeing this ugly mug for long.
    2. You can evolve Zubat into Crobat as early as level 23 by maxing out happiness early with lots of item use and other forms of poke-love. Try to keep the love PG though.
    3. The poison/flying hybrid makes it extremely resistant to certain types. Grass, bug, and fighting moves all do 1/4 damage, and ground moves don't do damage at all. This is especially useful because ground is one of poison's weaknesses. 
    4. The TM Sludge Bomb is an insanely powerful poison move that takes full benefit of Zubat/Crobat's stats. You get it pretty early, too, so you don't have to worry about not having any powerful moves. I can't verify this, but I believe the sludge being referenced in this TM is actually just a large amount of feces made into a bomb-like substance. That makes this move way more fun to use than it should be.
    5. Being a flying pokemon, Zubat/Crobat can use the Fly HM, meaning no more carrying around a level 5 pidgey just so you don't have to travel everywhere by foot/bike.  
    6. Crobat sounds like crowbar. And crowbars are fucking awesome.
    7. Making other people rage by killing them with a zubat.

So those are just a few of my thoughts on why Zubat is not the red-headed stepchild of Pokemon like so many people think. Viva la Zubat!

OH SHI-
     OH SHI-
    jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jinxman

I used a crobat in my platinum.  It's not really that great.  I mostly used him as a status inflicter.  Or rather, I should have mostly used him as a status inflicter.  Instead I only had confuse ray and 3 attack moves that sucked (besides fly, which is decent) and he doesn't actually have a great attack.  Overall, it's decent, but not great.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

With the right moves, Crobat has potential. It takes patience and hard work to turn one into an effective member of your roster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.