Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Going to go pick up.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

Friend just phoned me and told me GS is selling it one day early. 

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By RobotHamster

What!? Lucky, at least I only have to wait until tomorrow morning, can't wait to get my Lugia figure!!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised, enjoy your Pokemenz.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sanryd

Yeah, I'm gonna grab it early too, I played the shit out of Gold back in the day so I'm going for Silver this time around.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Going to get it with my friends tomorrow. A group of 20 year olds all buying Pokemon, nothing strange about that...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @tdk08 said:
    " Yeah, I'm gonna grab it early too, I played the shit out of Gold back in the day so I'm going for Silver this time around. "
    Wasnt the game totally remade? 
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shirogane

Sad days for me, i'm waiting for the DSi XL to come out before getting another DS, meaning no Pokemon for me for at least another month.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By bed

go not die 

:D

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By InfiniteGeass
    @AjayRaz:  That's not a nice thing to say.

It's no surprise that gamestop is selling a game early. I'll just have to wait to pick up a copy tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sanryd
    @The_Laughing_Man: Yeah, I guess it was... but I'm really diggin the Lugia/Kyogre combo in the new Silver over Ho-oh/Groudon. It's hard to decide everytime they throw out a new duo of games.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ

Damn it, I was an idiot and preordered it on Amazon. It's not even shipping for a week still. Assholes...

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @tdk08 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Yeah, I guess it was... but I'm really diggin the Lugia/Kyogre combo in the new Silver over Ho-oh/Groudon. It's hard to decide everytime they throw out a new duo of games. "
    Doesnt your first pokemon also follow you around like in Yellow? 

*21 and semi excited* 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By bed
    @InfiniteGeass said:
    " @AjayRaz:  That's not a nice thing to say.  
    true.. :( fixed 
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Yeah, I guess it was... but I'm really diggin the Lugia/Kyogre combo in the new Silver over Ho-oh/Groudon. It's hard to decide everytime they throw out a new duo of games. "
    Doesnt your first pokemon also follow you around like in Yellow?  *21 and semi excited*  "
    Indeed they do. And bigger creatures have bigger sprites when they follow you
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sanryd
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    Doesnt your first pokemon also follow you around like in Yellow?  *21 and semi excited*  "
    Oh wow, I actually didn't know that, had to check it on the wiki page. I never was a fan of that in Yellow but I guess it could be kind of cool, depends if it's just for show or actually has a purpose. And also, correction to my original post: Kyogre is in Gold and Groudon is in Silver. This is now even harder to decide... Kind of weird that they chose those combinations, I would've thought Groudon-Gold and vice versa mostly because of the colors.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @tdk08 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    Oh wow, I actually didn't know that, had to check it on the wiki page. I never was a fan of that in Yellow but I guess it could be kind of cool, depends if it's just for show or actually has a purpose. And also, correction to my original post: Kyogre is in Gold and Groudon is in Silver. This is now even harder to decide... Kind of weird that they chose those combinations, I would've thought Groudon-Gold and vice versa mostly because of the colors. "
    I think they did that because of the remaking of the game. I mean..there is a massive amount of new content. Is it gonna have ALL the pokemon? Or just that one region? Is it gonna do the cross region ALL badges thing? 
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    Oh wow, I actually didn't know that, had to check it on the wiki page. I never was a fan of that in Yellow but I guess it could be kind of cool, depends if it's just for show or actually has a purpose. And also, correction to my original post: Kyogre is in Gold and Groudon is in Silver. This is now even harder to decide... Kind of weird that they chose those combinations, I would've thought Groudon-Gold and vice versa mostly because of the colors. "
    I think they did that because of the remaking of the game. I mean..there is a massive amount of new content. Is it gonna have ALL the pokemon? Or just that one region? Is it gonna do the cross region ALL badges thing?  "
    It has both Kanto and Johto just like the original, but you can't catch every pokemon in just these remakes. It will require trading with Diamond/Pearl.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah the following around stuff is kindof a fun bonus. It's whoever's in the top of your line.  

God this is an awesome entry, I can barely recognize it from Gold and Silver like a decade ago. My bad memory could help, but I think the graphics and little changes make it feel unique, and not playing the same old game again. Plus you can catch more or less every significant legendary  from every game in this one. Madness.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AgentJ said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    I think they did that because of the remaking of the game. I mean..there is a massive amount of new content. Is it gonna have ALL the pokemon? Or just that one region? Is it gonna do the cross region ALL badges thing?  "
    It has both Kanto and Johto just like the original, but you can't catch every pokemon in just these remakes. It will require trading with Diamond/Pearl. "
    Is it like only 10-20 you can not get? And the Kanto and Johto is part of the two games I liked. Much more to do. 
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    It has both Kanto and Johto just like the original, but you can't catch every pokemon in just these remakes. It will require trading with Diamond/Pearl. "
    Is it like only 10-20 you can not get? And the Kanto and Johto is part of the two games I liked. Much more to do.  "
    Unfortunately, I think there are a number. Obviously most of the starters and nearly all of the legendaries. I'm going to have to trade for eggs for half of my ideal team.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AgentJ said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    Is it like only 10-20 you can not get? And the Kanto and Johto is part of the two games I liked. Much more to do.  "
    Unfortunately, I think there are a number. Obviously most of the starters and nearly all of the legendaries. I'm going to have to trade for eggs for half of my ideal team. "
    Ehhh if I get it im going silver. Never liked Ho-Oh
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shirogane
    @AgentJ:
    There's like 20 or so legendaries in this, including a lot from the games made after gold/silver. Which is pretty insane. 

Anybody actually know the differences between the two versions? Apart from the Kyogre/Groundon thing.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By JJOR64

No early released news from my Gamestop, but that's OK.  I can wait till tomorrow.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By apathylad
    @Shirogane said:

" @AgentJ: There's like 20 or so legendaries in this, including a lot from the games made after gold/silver. Which is pretty insane.  Anybody actually know the differences between the two versions? Apart from the Kyogre/Groundon thing. "

This site has specific details, check the links on the right-hand side:
     http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Ahhh so you can get each starter pokemon? So I can get me a blazikin? 

CynicalRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CynicalRodent

So like, what are the chances that if I were to go to a 24hr Wal-Mart that I would be able to find this stocked and pick it up tonight?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Apathylad said:
    " @Shirogane said:

" @AgentJ: There's like 20 or so legendaries in this, including a lot from the games made after gold/silver. Which is pretty insane.  Anybody actually know the differences between the two versions? Apart from the Kyogre/Groundon thing. "

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/ "
    I am looking this site over. They really went all out with the game didnt they. 
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By shirogane

Hmm, weird, i swear i caught a skarmory in gold. My cousin remembers skarmory being in both versions too. 

Bah, Kyogre is enough for me to get gold over silver. 

About the following around, does that work with legendaries and fishlike pokemon as well? Oh that would be weird...
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Emilio
    @AgentJ said:
    " Damn it, I was an idiot and preordered it on Amazon. It's not even shipping for a week still. Assholes... "
    Same. At least that gives me time to play some games I have yet to beat.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Br3adfan said:
    "Going to get it with my friends tomorrow. A group of 20 year olds all buying Pokemon, nothing strange about that... "

No there is not. Everyone I know is stil obsessed with the series.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AgentJ
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Apathylad said:
    " @Shirogane said:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/ "
    I am looking this site over. They really went all out with the game didnt they.  "
    The site has probably been around since the originals came out. Its really a fantastic resource.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Supermarius

i hope its still a huge pain in the ass to get the legendary dogs. Getting them was so epic.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Qorious

Man, my Gamestop never does things like that!

Void_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Void_Wizard

Gamestop is opening at 9am, which they say is early for HG/SS. Check here to see if your local one is on the list(really late to be posting this).

Sepultallica86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#35  Edited By Sepultallica86

Yeah, me and my buddy are 18 and were going to play all day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.