Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Is it worth getting a hacking device for?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

For every time I got a pokemon game (with the exception of pokemon Pearl, what a waste of money), I always got a hacking device to compliment it.  Usually I used them to get all the starter Pokemon because I am an indecisive prick. In pokemon yellow, I would use it to unlock the surfing pikachu.

You think it would be worth it for the nostalgic feeling.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Do you hack at the start, or once you've finished? Because hacking at the start kinda breaks the game, but once you've beat it and want to have some senseless fun, sure, hack then.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By mordecaix7

I say it's whatever you feel like doing.  I have a co-worker who doesn't like challenge in video games; he just wants to play.  So if a game doesn't have cheats or is too hard, he won't play and gives up on it.

If cheating at the start will allow you to have fun with it then go for it.  Otherwise MattyFTM's got the right idea.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Godwind
    MattyFTM said:
    "Do you hack at the start, or once you've finished? Because hacking at the start kinda breaks the game, but once you've beat it and want to have some senseless fun, sure, hack then."
    I don't think it would really matter for me.  I happen to actually play the game first then hack but I think that is mere coincidence.

I also happen to have a DSi, so firmware updates might try to lock me out.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

Hacking pokemon breaks the game for everyone else... but the games already broken, so go ahead and hack your Mew with 999 in every stat.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godwind
    TooWalrus said:
    "Hacking pokemon breaks the game for everyone else... but the games already broken, so go ahead and hack your Mew with 999 in every stat."
    I don't do that kind of stuff.  I like hacking to break invisible walls or to avoid having to trade with people because dividing the game into two separate parts is a bit annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.