Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

Edited By JonathanMoore

Hey guys, thought I would quickly hit up a conversation about Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver on the account of me wanting to get the achievement, and me hardly talking to anyone about it since I bought the game. So, so far I have completed the first half of the game, I have just beaten the elite four and now I am on the SS. Aqua. My impressions of Soul Silver? it's a great game, why I feel it doesn't have the heart of the original, this is probably just because I have fond memories of playing that game. So this update is much like Diamond and Pearl but streamlined even more, which I have no problem with personally.

So to conclude, this game is great, it really is. Gold and Silver were some of the best games in the series so far, so updating the games only seemed natural eventually, but what do YOU guys think? do you think that it's just to rake in the mullah? or did Nintendo really take the time to make a great product?

-- God Bless Guys.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JonathanMoore

Hey guys, thought I would quickly hit up a conversation about Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver on the account of me wanting to get the achievement, and me hardly talking to anyone about it since I bought the game. So, so far I have completed the first half of the game, I have just beaten the elite four and now I am on the SS. Aqua. My impressions of Soul Silver? it's a great game, why I feel it doesn't have the heart of the original, this is probably just because I have fond memories of playing that game. So this update is much like Diamond and Pearl but streamlined even more, which I have no problem with personally.

So to conclude, this game is great, it really is. Gold and Silver were some of the best games in the series so far, so updating the games only seemed natural eventually, but what do YOU guys think? do you think that it's just to rake in the mullah? or did Nintendo really take the time to make a great product?

-- God Bless Guys.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I love it, but it feels kind of cocktackular that the new generation games are already announced.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

My Silver save file was deleted 8 years back, right before I got to the Elite 4, but up until then, it was my favorite Pokemon game. Johto added on enough cool pokemon, and kept all of the good ones that it felt like they weren't trying to do too much. I love what I've played of Heart Gold, and I feel like I've created a formidable team. Just need to finish up those Kanto Gyms... 

Still don't get the bloody EV system, though. Wish they never added that stupid thing.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Red said:
    " My Silver save file was deleted 8 years back, right before I got to the Elite 4, but up until then, it was my favorite Pokemon game. Johto added on enough cool pokemon, and kept all of the good ones that it felt like they weren't trying to do too much. I love what I've played of Heart Gold, and I feel like I've created a formidable team. Just need to finish up those Kanto Gyms...   Still don't get the bloody EV system, though. Wish they never added that stupid thing. "
    You know you don't have to use that right? I get by just fine without stuff like EVing.  
    Shame about your sliver file. It really was the best in the series, and the fact that they already announced the 5th gen doesn't bother me because I have been waiting for these remakes for a while. They have to make some changes to the next gen for me to be interested. 
    Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Well i hadn't played a Pokemon game in about 5 years the last one being Fire Red, but man they are still as fun and addicting as ever.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Famov

@Red:
    I'm pretty sure that's always existed. I believe that this applies to all the hidden values. Of course, like everyone else I didn't learn about it until the GBA games came out. 

My friends are trying to convince me to buying HG/SS. I'm not sure if I will though. I haven't made the jump to these games yet, and I do not like the 'slowness' I've seen in the earlier DS pokemon games. Everything was so much snappier on the GB/GBA.

But I remember very well how addicting pokemon can be. That may be all that's needed to convince me.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB
    @Red:  The EV system has existed since the beginning though :\ Except back then you only knew it as "Pokemon who have been raised by a trainer are more powerful than ones in the wild." But yeah, it was a simpler time. Your enjoyment of the game can be a little tampered with when you get into all the crazy under the hood math involved.

Having played a little bit of Crystal on and off in recent years, I thought it was a great change to be playing them with the modern Pokemon amenities. Maybe not as fun or as large as I remember it being, but I was a kid back then.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Red
    @AgentJ: I know, I don't, but I just feel like I'm not getting the most out of my Pocket Monsters.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Supermarius
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Red:  The EV system has existed since the beginning though :\ Except back then you only knew it as "Pokemon who have been raised by a trainer are more powerful than ones in the wild." But yeah, it was a simpler time. Your enjoyment of the game can be a little tampered with when you get into all the crazy under the hood math involved.  Having played a little bit of Crystal on and off in recent years, I thought it was a great change to be playing them with the modern Pokemon amenities. Maybe not as fun or as large as I remember it being, but I was a kid back then. "

it was in the first one, but you could EV train all stats on the same pokemon and you could EV train after leveling to 100 because of the box trick. That made it less daunting, imo.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JonathanMoore
    @AnimZero said:
    " I love it, but it feels kind of cocktackular that the new generation games are already announced. "
    Well remember that these are only remakes to hold us down till the new ones come out, so in my opinion the sooner they come out the better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.