Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

pokemon question

kardon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kardon16

i have pokemon platinum and heartgold and I was wondering if it is possible to send a pokemon through the gts on platinum, swap the game, and download it for myself right away to heartgold version or viceversa.
    The reason is that I have 400(i swear!!) unique pokemons on platinum and some of the ones that i am missing are on heartgold.
    Friend Code 4941 7972 1246 HG--- 4726 4432 6939 P

kardon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kardon16

i have pokemon platinum and heartgold and I was wondering if it is possible to send a pokemon through the gts on platinum, swap the game, and download it for myself right away to heartgold version or viceversa.
    The reason is that I have 400(i swear!!) unique pokemons on platinum and some of the ones that i am missing are on heartgold.
    Friend Code 4941 7972 1246 HG--- 4726 4432 6939 P

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pinkshley1

idk, but hey, great icon.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By pakx

no. you'll just want to borrow a second DS and do it that way.  that's how i do it. i keep my Platinum file as a main save for my pokedex, breeding and online battling purposes, and then all the other versions, Diamond, HeartGold, Fire Red and Emerald, i used to quest with, then when i complete the quest i simply trade or Pal Park over all my party pokemon and any pokemon i need/want for my Platinum File, leaving the other versions free to restart the game with a new quest at my liesure. i started doing this because i was sick fo working to build a great party, finishing the game, wanting to play more, and having to delete all my work.

i certainly don't recommend buying a second DS just for this, (i use my girlfriend's DS.) but if you've got a loved one or friend who's willing to let you borrow thier DS every now and then, it's the best way to go.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Supermarius
    @pakx:  trading between DS's is better but the question is can you trade between two games easily before someone else trades for it. Im wondering this myself. I think im going to test it tonight with something i dont mind if i lose
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

It probably depends on the Pokemon and your luck. A tempting Pokemon will go quickly.

I really wish there was a fast way to import Pokemon over between cartridges. Even local trading takes forever when you have to talk to the receptionist, save your game, talk to the person you're going to trade with, wait for it to connect, wait for a few awkward lines of dialogue, select trade, more awkward dialogue and connection time, select both Pokemon you're going to trade, and then wait for the connection and stupid long animation to play for each of the 6 Pokemon you're allowed to carry. Then finally, you have to go back outside, deposit and withdrw 6 new Pokemon, and repeat the process all over again. I don't have the time I had when I was a kid, Nintendo, and even then, I wouldn't be wasting my childhood doing this for the 480 +Pokemon in existence.

kardon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kardon16
    @pakx:

@paks im also using platinum as my pokedex savefile, too bad i only have a dsi (no pal park :()

@let me know if you succeed plz

@I know man many of the design in pokemon starts to feel more archaic than old school.i heard that people are using pokemon ranch as storage but i dont have a wii and i think reception for that game is not very positive

Thanks everyone for your feedback though

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

I just used two DS's and traded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.