Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Pokewalker General Questions

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

I feel like I don't "get" the Pokemwalker. Does your real-world walking have an impact on anything? I have a 15 mile road march with my unit next weekend, what would happen if I had my Pokewalker that whole time? What Pokemon can be caught and how does the Pokewalker judge what level of Pokemon it throws at you?

P.S. 

I think a soldier having a Pokewalker on him during training is ridicules.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    Click me 

That entire site is a very nice tool. Check it out. 
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By FacelessVixen

I'm not really sure if the mileage that you get on the Pokewalker determines the average level of the Pokemon that you can encounter. However, getting a lot of steps on the device will allow you to unlock more areas for you to take your Pokemon on strolls with. Each area has specific Pokemon in them, as well as common and rare ones. The amout of steps you accumulate and also what type of Pokemon you bring into the area determines whether you'll run into a common or rare Pokemon in that given area. This applies to items as well.

So in a nutshell: The more you walk, the more areas you unlock, the more Pokemon that are available for you to capture as well as items you can obtain.

Taking a guess though, the Pokemon that you put into the game may determine what level of Pokemon that you can encounter, be them of a slightly higher or slightly lower level.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tomte

why cant you wear the pokewalker during training?
    I work in a nightclub and have it with me all the time, it really works with the ladies :) and it's also a great way to break the ice if you wanna talk with a girl

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By FacelessVixen
    @tomte: For my sake, I hope you're not kidding.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By JonathanMoore
    @TheSilentTruth said:
    " @tomte: For my sake, I hope you're not kidding. "
    Best sentence ever.
    LooityLoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LooityLoo

What I'd like to know is whether the amount of steps you take impacts how many levels your pokemon grows. I took my Weedle 1,000 steps and it grew one level, but then later I took my Slowpoke 20,000 steps and it still only grew one level. :|
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EpicSteve
    @tomte said:
    " why cant you wear the pokewalker during training? I work in a nightclub and have it with me all the time, it really works with the ladies :) and it's also a great way to break the ice if you wanna talk with a girl "
    Oh dude, I'm taking it.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By AndrewB
    @LooityLoo:  It will only gain one level max per walk, so you'd have to take it for a walk, walk enough steps for it to gain a level (1 step = 1xp), end the walk, then put it back on the Pokewalker and repeat.

By the way, the final area unlock requires 100,000 watts, or at least 2 million steps. Man...
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EpicSteve
    @AndrewB said:
    " @LooityLoo:  It will only gain one level max per walk, so you'd have to talk it for a walk, walk enough steps for it to gain a level (1 step = 1xp), end the walk, then put it back on the Pokewalker and repeat.  By the way, the final area unlock requires 100,000 watts, or at least 2 million steps. Man... "
    According to the internet, the average person takes 2,000 steps in a mile.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pazy

I love the idea of someone in the military marching around with a pokewalker hanging from his belt. It makes sense to take it, what if the enemy attacks you with a pokewalker and you cant defend yourself?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By apathylad
    @Pazy: 

No Caption Provided

@LooityLoo: 

Your Pokemon can only grow 1 level per stroll. It makes sense since it prevents boosting, otherwise everyone would have overpowered Pokemon in the first couple of gyms, which you probably wouldn't be able to tame.

@EpicSteve:
    What Pokemon you can catch depends on what areas you have unlocked. Basically:
     1. You choose a Pokemon that will be transferred from the Pokemon PC to the Pokewalker. This is accessed at the main menu so you don't have to select your game file. Of course, you have to have Pokemon in your PC at the Pokemon Center for this to work.
    2. You select  an area and a Pokemon to take for a stroll. The more you walk, the  more opportunities to catch Pokemon from a small selection. Walking unlocks Watts, which are points to unlock new arenas and catch Pokemon or items.
    3. You can only catch and keep 3 Pokemon per stroll. Check here if you want to see what you can catch on each course: 
    http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml 
     4. Transfer you stuff back to the DS will unlock new courses.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB
    @EpicSteve said:
    " @AndrewB said:
    " @LooityLoo:  It will only gain one level max per walk, so you'd have to talk it for a walk, walk enough steps for it to gain a level (1 step = 1xp), end the walk, then put it back on the Pokewalker and repeat.  By the way, the final area unlock requires 100,000 watts, or at least 2 million steps. Man... "
    According to the internet, the average person takes 2,000 steps in a mile. "
    Yeah, it's actually not that bad. I've only had it for 3 days now and I've got 37,985 steps. It just sounds like a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.