Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

team switch

blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By blueman90

I just started a new game on pokemon(soul silver). It was because I did not like a couple of my team members. 
    I Finished the kanto league with: 
                                                                 tysplosion 
                                                                  Furret 
                                                                  slowbro 
                                                                  pigeott 
                                                                  nidoking 
                                                                  jolteon. 

The ones I did not like were:furret and nidoking. 

I plan to playthrough again with: 
                                                                    Typlosion 
                                                                     ursaring 
                                                                      arbok 
                                                                      pigeott 
                                                                       vaporeon 
                                                                       ampharos. 

I felt a little bad for starting my game again(my time was 79 hours). But I just was not happy with my  team.  

Did I make the wrong choice? 

p.s. I was thinking about geting an umbreon (in place of vaporeon) 

P.S.S. If you have any thoughts on replaceing pigeott and and ampharos please tell.
    pepito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pepito

nidoking is a pretty strong pokemon overall because he can be mixed in a way that he will cover his weaknesses (like psychic pokemons) and a lot other types 
    my nidoking knows mega horn, which is super effective agains dark/psychic/grass. avalanche which is a dragon killer all the way, and is super effective to ground/flying/grass. then earth power wich pretty much covers electric types and anything that isnt flying like steel/fire/rock/poison types and fighting, and then sludge bomb which covers grass but its strong and have high chance to poison. so idk why u didnt like ur nidoking but hes a pretty good pokemon 
    and i would probly change my pidgeot to skarmory or an aerodactyl if u can get one.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DrPockets000

Nidoking was my star player back in the day.  Why didn't you like him?

blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blueman90

I just did not like him. he was the one in my party that got KOed a lot (other than furret) .I know he had a good  move set , but in the battle tower I just lost time and time again. 
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Supermarius

Well as long as you saved your good pokemon before resetting then you didnt waste those 79 hours because your pokemon are the fruits of that labor more so than the badges. but if you erased them all then you kind of did.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By pakx

switch out Arbok for a Weezing.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Ampharos is certainly better in a number of ways compared to Pidgeot. I use an Ampharos and it is the most effective fighter i've got. I essentially beat Lance singlehandedly with a level 46 Ampharos (and some revives). If you can get one with thunderbolt (either through TM or breeding with Pikachu) and thunder wave it becomes one of the best electric pokemon you can have. On the other hand, even the best flying type is still at a big disadvantage to a number of type. I'd recommend finding another flyer with another type to go along with it (legendary birds, Aerodactyl).

nlaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nlaire
    @AgentJ said:
    " Ampharos is certainly better in a number of ways compared to Pidgeot. I use an Ampharos and it is the most effective fighter i've got. I essentially beat Lance singlehandedly with a level 46 Ampharos (and some revives). If you can get one with thunderbolt (either through TM or breeding with Pikachu) and thunder wave it becomes one of the best electric pokemon you can have. On the other hand, even the best flying type is still at a big disadvantage to a number of type. I'd recommend finding another flyer with another type to go along with it (legendary birds, Aerodactyl). "
    agreed. my ampharos is amazing, my best fighter by far. 
    blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blueman90

My team is now : 

typlosion 
                                    noctowel 
                                   poliwrath 
                                  umbreon 
                                  arbok 
                                  ampharos 
     time 60:30

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.