Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Trouble connecting to wi-fi

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Hey guys, U am having trouble connecting to the wi-fi club in Pokemon soul silver to get my friend code but apparently there is no connection in reach but outside of the game i have a strong connection and can assess the internet. 

I am using broadband internet that uses a WEP/WPA key, thanks. 

Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ChristianCastillo

Does your DS connect to the internet without the game?  Cuz if it doesnt than you dont have your wifi set up on the system

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

You have to go back the main menu of your DS, go into your settings (DSi it is the far left and normal DS's its the small DS icon at the bottom) and find the "Internet" or "Wireless" settings. From there you can search for your access point (network), click on it and your DS will ask for your key which your input and save your settings. For games the DS only supports WEP protection and not anything higher (like WPA etc.).

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Pazy said:
    " You have to go back the main menu of your DS, go into your settings (DSi it is the far left and normal DS's its the small DS icon at the bottom) and find the "Internet" or "Wireless" settings. From there you can search for your access point (network), click on it and your DS will ask for your key which your input and save your settings. For games the DS only supports WEP protection and not anything higher (like WPA etc.). "
    I have done that, and it works fine. 

Just not in Pokemon, how do I know if it is WPA or not?
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I have done that, and it works fine. 

Just not in Pokemon, how do I know if it is WPA or not?    

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    "  I have done that, and it works fine.  Just not in Pokemon, how do I know if it is WPA or not?     "
    you said it works fine except in Pokemon so i assume it's a problem with the game? WPA wouldn't let you connect with the DS 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    "  I have done that, and it works fine.  Just not in Pokemon, how do I know if it is WPA or not?     "
    you said it works fine except in Pokemon so i assume it's a problem with the game? WPA wouldn't let you connect with the DS  "
    I have not tried it with any other game since I have nothing to try it with, I meant it worked fine outside of games.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    you said it works fine except in Pokemon so i assume it's a problem with the game? WPA wouldn't let you connect with the DS  "
    I just found out that I am using a WPA key but it is fine outside games, any way around this?
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    I just found out that I am using a WPA key but it is fine outside games, any way around this? "
    no. the DS doesn't support WPA unfortunately. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    I just found out that I am using a WPA key but it is fine outside games, any way around this? "
    no. the DS doesn't support WPA unfortunately.  "
    So then why does it work out of game?
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BraveToaster
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    So then why does it work out of game? "

You can use WPA only for the web browser and nintendo store with the DS. You have to use WEP to play games via Wi-Fi, to solve the problem I just changed my security settings to WEP
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Axxol said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    So then why does it work out of game? "
    You can use WPA only for the web browser and nintendo store with the DS. You have to use WEP to play games via Wi-Fi, to solve the problem I just changed my security settings to WEP "
    How do I change it?
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BraveToaster

Just read the instructions that came with your wireless router. You change the settings with a computer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.