Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Who would be interested in a Giant Bomb Pokemon Tournament?

• 73 results
    ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By ThaMilkMan

I'd be in sign me up asap! Go team Amphoros

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By RE_Player1
    @CarthX: it does matter if a pokemon learns a good move at a high level
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ

But these kinds of tournaments, Pokemon specifically, are so easy to cheat at it's not even funny.  I don't have a DS anymore, but when I once had an R4DS, I could easily hack all of my Pokemon, with a simple program, to be shiny or not, have the best abilities, best attitude/personality, best EV...  You can practically do anything you want without going through the effort of actually training them.  And there's no real way to verify if your opponent's Pokemon are actually legit or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Sure, I'd be in for this, as long as it doesn't become *too* hard finding my designated opponent for a match...

If match ups become too hard the whole thing could just be done on an alternative points basis, where users get awarded a certain amount of points for each battle they participate in and every match they win. 1 point for a loss, 2 for a draw, 3 for a win, something like that. Then have the four top users square off for the finals at the end.

Edit: by the way, just for people wanting to know what standard rules are, here's a link. While these may seem a bit overly complicated and restrictive at first they really do make the game that much more fair. Link'd.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By keyhunter

Pokemon battle revolution would make this a lot easier.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Whisperkill

Too many cheaters. I can't imagine its that hard to hack a pokemon game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Whisperkill said:
    " Too many cheaters. I can't imagine its that hard to hack a pokemon game "
    It doesn't even matter, really. Coming up against someone who hacks IVs and EVs isn't going to make a difference, and anyone who uses anything to boost stats to 999 or illegal movesets is something that's easy to check back on later.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By breadfan
    @Kowbrainz: That is actually a pretty good idea. We could possibly use some sort of points system if we ever get something going. 
    @keyhunter: Not everyone has a Wii or the game itself. It seems easier to use the DS games alone rather than an outside game. 
    @FluxWaveZ: That may be true, but we're going to have to rely on an honor system.
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By thejamster

so..... how should we get this going?

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By ElegantRuby

I would be in for a tourney sometime.  If we get enough interest, I say that we do level brackets.  Not all of us have Pokemon that are over level 50...

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Joeyoe31

ITS ON!

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Joeyoe31
    @Spiral_Stars:  Those some bad rules bro not gonna lie. (not trying to be a douche D:)

Lvl 100 
    Single
    Any items of any amount.
    No legends or banned pokemon (go look that up if you dont know)
    No hacked pokemon or anything like that.
    NO FUCKING BLISSEYS D: (this is a pokemon on my list of pokemon that just needs to get banned.)
    Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Spiral_Stars
    @Joeyoe31: Wow, that's a little bit of some unwarranted criticism on your part. You just switched it to singles, eliminated held items, and made it level 100s. Here's something to consider:

- if it were a lvl 100 only tournament, you'll have maybe 5 people competing as leveling a Pokémon to level 100 properly takes far too long, much less 6 different ones. Level 50 All evens everything out and allows anyone who has at least beat the game to field a team of three Pokémon.
    - held items are part of the strategy of meta-game. They don't overpower any Pokémon to the point that it's impossible to beat them.
    - although singles and doubles are both fine options, I find doubles to be more fun and add a new dimension to a fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joeyoe31 said:

" @Spiral_Stars:  Those some bad rules bro not gonna lie. (not trying to be a douche D:) Lvl 100  Single Any items of any amount. No legends or banned pokemon (go look that up if you dont know) No hacked pokemon or anything like that. NO FUCKING BLISSEYS D: (this is a pokemon on my list of pokemon that just needs to get banned.) "

Use standard rules for fucks sake and stop being a pussy. Legends are not banned unless they're on the list of ubers - Tyranitar has a higher base stat total than legends like Zapdos or Rotom so if you're going to ban those guys you may as well ban him too which is just dumb. If you can't take Blissey, change your team so that you're better equipped against it, simple as that.

@Spiral_Stars Pokemon on the DS has a level 100 battle mode which levels all of the Pokemon of both players up to 100 just for the fight.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By keyhunter

I actually wouldn't mind giving online battling a go right at this moment. Just to see what the competition around here is like.

Friend code is: 2021 1610 6603

I'll leave my DS on FREE SINGLE for a while if any of you people so choose to join. Bring whatever pokemon and whatever level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyhunter: uh, you need to add our codes first. Sure, I'm up for battling but remember this ain't no Xbox Live we're talking about here. :P

3395 5550 2979 for me.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By demontium
    @Br3adfan: I say no ubers, as per smogon. 

Level 100, singles. 
    no clauses except sleep.
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Joeyoe31
    @Spiral_Stars: 

Lvl 100 sets all the stats and health to what they would be if that pokemon was at level 100 thats why its used in tourneys.
    As for items i think the guy that tried really hard to get another leftovers will be thankful.
    For the single and double i would have to agree that it doesn't really matter. I just prefer single.
    (sorry for the criticism ) 

@Kowbrainz:

A blissey user i suppose ;D (jokes)
    As for rules i would be fine with standard rules i just want this to happen cuz it would be HUGE.
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Joeyoe31

I think we should all get in a chat room/skype call and discuss the rules for the tourny if this is actually going to happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joeyoe31: My first proper team used a Skarmory/Blissey combination, yes. And while I don't really like using Blissey so much anymore and I know it can be annoying at times, there are definitely ways to combat it. Dugtrio works wonders and if you have a fighting type you can switch it in on Blissey then get a free turn to boost your stats as your opponent predictably switches out.

I'd be fine writing up a new topic tomorrow or something for an actual tourney, would just need time to make sure everything is explained properly in the first post so people don't get confused. But otherwise yeah, would love to get this happening before everyones' interest in the game dies off.
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Joeyoe31
    @Kowbrainz: 
    I guessed right :P

Guessing im gonna have to get to my old pearl file and break out my old team. Or make a new one. Or just use my soulsilver file.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had a thought... but if we decide to go ahead with the whole "battle whoever you want and get points for each battle" format instead of a regular tournament structure, then I guess rules could be done on a player-by-player basis. Have standard rules in the topic's first post but if two members agree to a ruleset of their own they can go by that instead, have standard rules there just incase people can't agree to something. Guess the finals could be more organised and follow a set of rules more strictly, but in the end this is only for fun so the rulesets for most battles should probably reflect that.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By Red

If I remember to pick up a DS Wi-Fi dongle, and if I can beat the Elite 4 and transfer over my Dragonite by the time of the tournament, I'll most definitely enter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.