Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 16, 2018

The first "core" Pokémon game for Switch and an enhanced remake of Pokémon Yellow.

I'm seriously worried that Pokemon Let's Go Eevee will get me addicted to Pokemon Go again.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HarbinLights

My Go addiction was so bad that I cancelled by data plan to avoid the temptation.

I like Pokemon Go addiction like it was MMO addiction. Except instead of MMO addiction, it was Go addiction. And instead of sitting in front of a computer and forgetting to eat. I was working my legs dangerously hard, and living like a hobo with all of the dangers that come with it.

I literally backpacked between towns. I slept on a park bench one night, another in a pub with a couple PBR's downed to justify my presence there. In a town 60 miles away from my home. People probably thought I was homeless, because I was living like a homeless person.

I've been clean for six months now from my addiction. But now a new awesome app, "Let's Go" Pikachu and Eevee are coming out. And I feel like I'm gonna relapse.

I'm trying to convince myself not to get these games. I have a big Steam library to play. It's just not a responsible thing to do. Someone could have mugged me, I could have gotten arrested for vagrancy. But, I really want to play Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, this is just the thing to want to draw me back into Go. I'm not even going to defend the game as good, it's very simplistic and lacks many features of the core series still. But it is addictive, in a similar way that MMO treadmills are. And it definitely worked on me.

Please talk me out of getting Pokemon Let's Go, Eevee! and an Unlimited Data Plan. Before I make this mistake twice in my life. One of these days I'm going to get mugged while I sleep, playing Pokemon. Backpacking is not a healthy lifestyle I need to go back to.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're a bit confused. Pokemon Let's Go isn't another new app, it's an actual game on your Switch. Playing Pokemon GO isn't a requirement in the slightest, so no backpacking required here. It's basically a Pokemon Yellow remake with GO catching mechanics.

Now if you feel you'll immediately download GO the minute you get the game, then don't get it, but there's really no need. Anything you could bring over from GO, you can get in the game, so no need to bring that addiction back into your life.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HarbinLights

@nicksmi56 said:

I think you're a bit confused. Pokemon Let's Go isn't another new app, it's an actual game on your Switch. Playing Pokemon GO isn't a requirement in the slightest, so no backpacking required here. It's basically a Pokemon Yellow remake with GO catching mechanics.

It does connect with Pokemon Go, and rewards you for playing, though.

Also, sorry for not posting this in the right section, everyone.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harbinlights: I mean you can bring Pokemon over, but I haven't heard of any specific advantages you get for playing GO.

Again, if you don't think you can stop yourself, just wait a year for the new one that most likely won't connect to GO.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HarbinLights

@nicksmi56 said:

@harbinlights: I mean you can bring Pokemon over, but I haven't heard of any specific advantages you get for playing GO.

Again, if you don't think you can stop yourself, just wait a year for the new one that most likely won't connect to GO.

I guess what I worry is that, knowing I can bring Pokemon over from Go. And that will possibly get me invested in playing GO again. From the sound of it, you'll be able to get symbiotic rewards in both games through connecting them together.

And then I'll find myself having a hard time at stopping.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harbinlights: Yeah, then just avoid it. If it makes you feel better, the new core game will probably have most or all of the features that you find appealing about this one. It's only one more year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.