Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Am I the only one that finds the new graphic style bad?

Avatar image for thomasverledens
    thomasverledens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

you think that they're gonna keep the graphic style of pokemon X/Y? cuz i think the old style look way better..(no hate)

Comments?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Yes

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see where your coming from, but I personally like the new look.

One step closer to the Pokémon MMO of my dreams

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Steadying

It's definitely not the best looking 3DS game out there, no. I still prefer it over the old look though.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463

Only thing I hated about it was when you got to that main circular city and they took the camera controls and just went crazy with them. That place is a god damn nightmare to get around.

Also, a new pet peeve with these games that I discovered was when someone pointed out to me that not all the pokemon have a proper voice. Popular ones like Pikachu say their names, but a lot of them still just make generic growling noises. So now when I notice it it drives me nuts. I would also like to see more body options for the player character.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: Yeah, I love the new style but man, the camera for Lumiose City is annoying. I've gotten used to it but still.

Also, god, yeah having Pikachu being the only one to say its name is weird (unless I've just missed some). I think I prefer just the monster noises for the games like they always have been.

Anyway, like I said, I really like the new style. Pretty damn excited for Sapphire and Ruby remakes. Emerald/Sapphire are still my favorites, too bad they don't do the third game remakes.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

They'll do as they please and you'll like it.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The behind the back camera is just frustrating and needs to go, but I LOVE having polygonal Pokemon, and character customization for the first time. It would be a mistake to go back to 2D.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Corevi

As long as they fix the framerate problems there is no reason to not keep it.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

@vuud said:

The behind the back camera is just frustrating and needs to go, but I LOVE having polygonal Pokemon, and character customization for the first time. It would be a mistake to go back to 2D.

This. Navigating that central city is a nightmare and I just waste money on cabs because I have no idea where the hell I am and I keep running into buildings on accident with the way the camera automatically moves combined with the squirrely controls. But I'll take that for the way interacting with the world is slightly less grid-based and because it's nice to finally have modeled Pokemon. Ditching the sprites was long overdue.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought that them saying their own names was kind of stupid and always preferred the noises they made in the games.

I haven't played X/Y but from what i've seen from videos the graphics in battles look really nice but the over world stuff could use some work. But i guess there's only that much you can do with the 3DS.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

Never ask if you're the only one. Ever.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they fix the framerate problems there is no reason to not keep it.

Aye, many moves and backgrounds make it tank even without 3D on. The Pokémon models and animations themselves were spot-on.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Greonhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

I'm not so keen on the polygonal Pokemon. I don't know, there's just something that seems off about them to me. I think it has something to do with the shading on the Pokemon not matching that of the environments. But that said, I agree that it would be a step backwards returning to 2D.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No, there are quite a few people who want the series to go back to sprites. I think those people are crazy as the 3D Pokemon models are pretty much perfect and going back to sprites would make no sense at all, but whatevs.

The only real presentation problem is the camera in some spots. Lumiose City suuuuucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.