Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Looks like Pokemon Z is a thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Note: Putting this under the X/Y boards because the game obviously hasn't been officially announced just yet. But it will inevitably come, and will likely be the Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum to Gen 6.

So CoroCoro has leaked, and with it has dropped this...

No Caption Provided

Basically, it confirms what many have been speculating for awhile now. There's a lot more to Zygarde, and it's going to be explored in Pokemon Z. Now, this picture actually only shows the anime, which is now going to be titled Pokemon XY and Z. (Now you know your ABCs!) Obviously the game is going to be revealed sometime after, but it's definitely odd that the Pokemon anime would show this now, given the game's have historically always been announced first.

Anyone hype? I honestly didn't play nearly as much Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as I thought I would, but I'm still down for this. Hoping for expanded trainer customization, and more Megas. Basically, more of everything X/Y introduced... seems plausible.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I really liked X and Y, even if EXP Share completely broke the progression of the game (I beat the Elite 4 first try, which has never happened to me before and I've played every gen) and I thought Mega evolutions were super lame. I probably won't pick up Z, mainly because the last time I picked up the "Yellow" of the generation (Platinum) I couldn't be bothered to even finish it. Think I'll be sticking to the "Red/Blue" iterations from now on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

I really liked X and Y, even if EXP Share completely broke the progression of the game (I beat the Elite 4 first try, which has never happened to me before and I've played every gen) and I thought Mega evolutions were super lame. I probably won't pick up Z, mainly because the last time I picked up the "Yellow" of the generation (Platinum) I couldn't be bothered to even finish it. Think I'll be sticking to the "Red/Blue" iterations from now on.

For what's worth, you can disable EXP Share if you wanted to. It does feel a bit cheap at times, but it also does take away that tedious need to slowly level up each Pokemon.

I actually really like Mega Evolutions. Thought they're a pretty cool addition to the formula, and some of the designs I really like. (Some were absolute shit though)

I feel you though, the obligatory Yellow of the generations don't really add a ton of incentive to go back and play what was largely the same game. I'm kind of hoping Z will be more like Black and White 2, which took place in the same world but followed a new story and featured some new locations.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Bollard

@turtlebird95: I skipped B&W2. Maybe that was a mistake.

And yeah I know you could always just not use EXP Share but... Why turn down free EXP? It was just a bummer when I got to the end and realised what that meant. As I said, I still liked it, just not enough to pick up Z. I also didn't appreciate how common they made shinys in the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Black and White 2 were alright... I don't know, I was kinda disappointed with them.

And yeah, having a battle ready team and stomping the elite four on the first or second try is kinda lame. Even with the increased Shiny rate I still somehow never managed to stumble upon one in the wild lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.