Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Pokemon X/Y Reviews

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cool. I've been looking for a classic JRPG to play around with, and Mario & Luigi just didn't quite scratch that itch. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Blue, actually, so I have no damn idea which one I should be getting.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Cool. I've been looking for a classic JRPG to play around with, and Mario & Luigi just didn't quite scratch that itch. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Blue, actually, so I have no damn idea which one I should be getting.

X

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Those seem like pretty high scores for Pokemon games. So I looked up the last couple games on Metacritic, and no, apparently these games usually review well (though this is still a bit higher than usual). I wonder why I have this perception that no one likes Pokemon anymore. It just seems like all you ever hear about it is "I liked it when there were only 151! Modern Pokemon are so stupid! These games should be a totally different genre because that's what everyone wants anyways!"

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A pokemon game got good reviews?

Expected.

aliens4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for collecting these, I will jump in this generation after skipping fifth, really digging the new look.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: Why's that? I think the monster on the cover of Y looks a little cooler. Kind of. Does it even really matter? I just searched around and the differences seem few and far between. Like a total of four or five different Pokemon. Seems really fucking lazy of them to not just make it one game, or make the differences more significant.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

Hey guys, can I make a confession?

...I've never played a Pokemon game. I maybe messed around with someone else's copy of Pokemon Yellow a bit back in the day and absorbed a lot of info just from being around on internet message boards, but I've never actually invested any significant time into any Pokemon game.

Considering the positive reviews though, I'm thinking I might finally try to remedy that and give this one a go.

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably won't get much love on the site either, since the guys seemed pretty dismissive over all. It has some really cool Streetpass features that I'm pretty pumped to try out.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hatking: It's all about the sales, man. People wanna trade/get the fancy Pokemon, so they get one, both, or force a friend to get the other. All signs point to X being more popular than Y, though.

As a dude that hasn't touched a Pokemon game in a long time, the part that piqued my curiosity was the trainer customization. I can be a Black guy...in Pokemon! Oh, and all the other additions are cool, too. Let's go Y!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

POKEMON

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hatking

@flappy: Really? X is going to be more popular? I don't get it. The monster is a fucking deer. The other one is like a damn dragon. How the fuck is a deer more popular than a fucking dragon? Whatever, I kind of want the less popular one anyway. Wouldn't that make sense? That way I'd be able to more easily find people to trade with. That is, in the hypothetical situation where I actually give enough of a fuck to want to trade with anybody.

Also, yeah I totally get it that it's a sales thing. But that doesn't make it okay. In fact, that kind of makes it extra shitty. I was just wondering if there was some other reason they were trying to pass off as why they were actually doing it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it. It's the first Pokemon generation I'm going to play since Ruby/Sapphire (not counting SoulSilver since it's a remake).

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By EuanDewar

The way Griffin from Polygon writes about this game completely struck a chord with me, I really want a 3DS now

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those seem like pretty high scores for Pokemon games. So I looked up the last couple games on Metacritic, and no, apparently these games usually review well (though this is still a bit higher than usual). I wonder why I have this perception that no one likes Pokemon anymore. It just seems like all you ever hear about it is "I liked it when there were only 151! Modern Pokemon are so stupid! These games should be a totally different genre because that's what everyone wants anyways!"

I think people dont care for the show / cards as much. The games are fun and with the addition of more monsters, it just brings more to do. I own every pokemon game for handheld except for the ranger ones as those are just stupid. A pokemon in charge of other pokemon, what nonsense! I dislike the show as its no longer the pokemon I grew up with and the story no longer interests me but the games. I love me some pokemon as since I have gotten older, my friends still buy them and we actually breed / battle / strategize for battles instead of just going balls to the wall. It makes it more fun when you understand that its more then catch and fight, theres so much more to do! Like the beauty contests .................

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am glad to hear that this is getting good reviews. I have not played a pokemon game in a long while and am excited to try out this new version. My only hope is that Nintendo has sped up the game a bit. From the excessive pre-battle animations, the slow text speed, and the slow movement speed made the series feel like it was not respecting the time of the consumer.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's about what I was expecting. Still great to see, though! October 12 needs to get its hot ass over here.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@hatking said:

X

Y?

Bahahahahahahahahahahaa I slay myself.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By jacksukeru

Cool.

I think I might order X once it becomes available over at Play-asia, along with Etrian Odyssey Untold and Fire Emblem:Awakening, Ima gonna be neck-deep in portable JRPG goodness for a while.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played pokemon red, which one is pokemon red.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By jacksukeru

@carryboy: The one with the Red Pokeman on the cover of course.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure there's more to it, but it just looks like more Pokemon with a facelift. I have no issue with Pokemon, as I usually jump on every few titles so as to avoid getting burned out but what are the big changes?

I just get tired of having to level every one of those fuckers, every time I catch one. It's time consuming filler.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

@chaser324: If you ignore the cultural hype and fanaticism the Pokemon games are fantastic and simple JRPGs. They've stayed relatively unchanged since the 90s so the newest one is usually the best one.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Playing the new pokemon game has become a regular ritual for me. I really can't wait to play it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@budwyzer said:

@aegon said:

@hatking said:

X

Y?

I'd just wait for the inevitable Z.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikkaq said:

@budwyzer said:

@aegon said:

@hatking said:

X

Y?

I really don't care that much. What could Z possibly offer that would make me regret buying a copy of the game now?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@hatking said:

@mikkaq said:

@budwyzer said:

@aegon said:

@hatking said:

X

Y?

I really don't care that much. What could Z possibly offer that would make me regret buying a copy of the game now?

Super Saiyans. Wait, wrong Z.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: The changes they made to the EXP Share seems to take care of that. When you have it equipped, every pokemon in your party gets half the amount of the xp the fighter does. I don't know if it is mentioned in all of the reviews, but in the Polygon one, Griffin McElroy says it allowed him to switch up his team quite often, and he was able to get new monsters ready for battle quickly. And with the changes they made to the way the battle system progresses and the way xp is given in Black and White, this could mean finding a new pokemon, and adding leveling it to use in your team could be just a few trainer battles away.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raethen said:

@kishinfoulux: The changes they made to the EXP Share seems to take care of that. When you have it equipped, every pokemon in your party gets half the amount of the xp the fighter does. I don't know if it is mentioned in all of the reviews, but in the Polygon one, Griffin McElroy says it allowed him to switch up his team quite often, and he was able to get new monsters ready for battle quickly. And with the changes they made to the way the battle system progresses and the way xp is given in Black and White, this could mean finding a new pokemon, and adding leveling it to use in your team could be just a few trainer battles away.

That sounds good. Is it an item or just something that's active right out the gate?

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: It is an item, but in Black and White 2 it was acquired fairly early in the main path, and from what I've read it is acquired just as early if not sooner in X and Y.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.