Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

what is the best ghost pokemon in pokemon x&y

ace1pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was thinking of using Gengar or Gourgeist but I still not sure witch one to use if any of them or are there better one in the game I have pokemon y

mikeybass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can catch one, go for Honedge. It's Ghost/Steel so has a tonne of strengths/defences and it's evolutions are gorgeous.

On the other hand, Gengar has a mega evolution so that could be an option if you want to go purely Ghost.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going for Gengar, but that's more to do with nostalgia than anything else.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gengar's mega evolution has insane stats and his ability prevents fleeing, which is awesome. But Honedge is Ghost/Steel, which is a pretty strong combination.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

I went with Gengar, however had I not got a whole bunch of fire types already I would of gone with Chandelure as it's pretty powerful. (even if it's not the coolest thing around)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

GHOST SWORD

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honedge --> Doublade --> Aegislash => probably the best ghost pokemon in X/Y, almost certainly the best New ghost pokemon in X/Y.

But yeah, Gengar while Mega-evolved is pretty good as well.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gengar is better against fairies but Aegislash is extremely strong if used properly.

Avatar image for perfectlizardwizard
    perfectlizardwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is mine and I busted my ass to breed a perfect one. Also, look how fucking majestic it is. It will kill you ;)

mideonagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people use Gengar. Honedge or whatever is pretty good too apparently. I use Chandelure anyway.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My Charizard has Shadow Claw which is pretty neat. Have yet to encounter a Haunter in X/Y. Are people catching them in-game or using GTS to trade for them?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfectlizardwizard: NICE! I am training up that Ghastly you gave me now. It isn't 31 in speed but thanks to it's nature it shouldn't be a major issue.

My Charizard has Shadow Claw which is pretty neat. Have yet to encounter a Haunter in X/Y. Are people catching them in-game or using GTS to trade for them?

You can catch them at multiple points including friend safari. The first place is the path leading to Laverre City, specifically Route 14. You can also catch them in the Frost Cavern.

rlhyeung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Don't forget Rotom! But that's more because I'm biased towards him :D He's really cool though

perfectlizardwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Are you sure? What did the IV checker say I'm curious... I can get you another one if you want?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm rather fond of Haunter.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karkarov

@perfectlizardwizard said:

@karkarov: Are you sure? What did the IV checker say I'm curious... I can get you another one if you want?

Yeap I am sure. He is 31/1/31/31/31/25, if you want to give me another I don't mind it. I like training pokemon up and I got plenty of buddies that could use a nice gengar. Oh PS: If you give me another one can you name it Gorgonzola first? I know it is a cheesy name but I think it fits Gengar.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haunter y'all. The OG ghost for a kid without the ability to trade.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A friendly duder helped me evolve my Haunter (named Spooks) and a Kadabra, and I have to say, I really like Gengar. Sleepy time and then chomp those dreams.

Where do you get his Mega Evolve stone, anyone know? I'm right before the 5th gym, though I've taken a pause from the story for a while and have been grinding money when I get a chance to pop on for a few minutes.

Haunter still looks cooler to me (though Mega Gengar looks awesome), and the Honedge line is also awesome because swords.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Game Freak went through a real ghost phase for a while... they backed off a bit now. There was a TON of shit ones. Honedge is a fucking monstrosity IMHO. Just lazy as shit.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

A friendly duder helped me evolve my Haunter (named Spooks) and a Kadabra, and I have to say, I really like Gengar. Sleepy time and then chomp those dreams.

Where do you get his Mega Evolve stone, anyone know? I'm right before the 5th gym, though I've taken a pause from the story for a while and have been grinding money when I get a chance to pop on for a few minutes.

Haunter still looks cooler to me (though Mega Gengar looks awesome), and the Honedge line is also awesome because swords.

You talk to someone in one of the towns and they just give you the gengarite. I think it was in Laverre city.

Imst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter for me :D

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Awesome, thanks. Guess I should get back on the story then, looks to be the next hop on the map.

perfectlizardwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Send me a 'nice' in-game whenever you want it and I'll go grab one and make sure it's 31 then name him. :)

sixnahalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me honedge the best ghost pokemmon ever in y&Y don't know if there is more than this one.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Send me a 'nice' in-game whenever you want it and I'll go grab one and make sure it's 31 then name him. :)

sure thing... assuming I can get random people to stop spamming me trade offers sigh....

perfectlizardwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

sure thing... assuming I can get random people to stop spamming me trade offers sigh....

I had some guy requesting a trade and then backing out when he didn't want my offer maybe... 5-8 times over the course of 3 hours -- MADDENING. Anyway, that one is a 5IV and I named him correctly I think. ;) Hope you like.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karkarov

@karkarov said:

I had some guy requesting a trade and then backing out when he didn't want my offer maybe... 5-8 times over the course of 3 hours -- MADDENING. Anyway, that one is a 5IV and I named him correctly I think. ;) Hope you like.

Sure enough it is as good as a Ghastly can be! Now the decisions of what to drop for sludge bomb, should I get hypnosis back or pair with a different pokemon who sleeps, and do I keep dark pulse for it's flinch/psychic killing or go to Shadow Ball for it's STAB.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aegislash is the best 'mon.

perfectlizardwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give up, I tried writing my comment 3 times and it was not saved, jesus. @Karkarov Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Icy Wind, HP Fire, Hypnosis, etc are all good options.

I'd recommend no Shadow Ball or Disable and I'll explain why:

1) Shadow Ball is super effective against many of the 'mons that can KO with Sucker Punch (which is more common this generation, fml.)

2) Disable defeats the purpose of your free ground immunity and abuse of Shadow-Tag ability. If you for example switch in and disable right away (which you should) you're only scaring off the thing you wanted to trap in the first place (if that was your intention, by all means) but the problem is whomever is just going to bring out a check against you! (Which you're then trapping with Shadow-Tag since now you're mega-evolving, right? You loose that ground immunity once you mega evolve so using it to your advantage to trap Earthquakers is lost.

I pray that Top Men will not also delete this comment, praise be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.