Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Favorite legendary?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

I was going to make this a poll but Generations 4 and 5 added a stupid amount of legendaries so I decided to just make it a normal question.

I personally absolutely love this majestic deer. Xerneas is easily the best thing to come out of Gen 6. It looks awesome and is completely broken when using him online. Geomancy plus Power Herb makes it stomp through every other legendary with swagger.

No Caption Provided

Which legendary is your favorite?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

I'll probably go with HO HO, probably cause it was in the dumb TV show and Gold version is my favorite version. Also i know nothing about the gen after silver and gold.

No Caption Provided
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Dragonite. Mewtwo.

No Caption Provided

Lugia Is more of a Legendary, so.. Mm.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MegaLombax

Lugia. Because i kinda liked the 2nd Pokemon movie.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TruthTellah

@bigjeffrey said:

I'll probably go with HO HO, probably cause it was in the dumb TV show and Gold version is my favorite version. Also i know nothing about the gen after silver and gold.

No Caption Provided

Absolutely agreed. There was just something about Ho-Oh in the Gold version. It was such a triumph to get it, and I remember using it for quite a while. It looked so cool. Zapdos and Ho-Oh. ♥

No Caption Provided

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NegativeCero

Mine will always be Mew for how adorable it is. Being a child when I saw the first movie helped.

No Caption Provided

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine will always be Mew for how adorable it is. Being a child when I saw the first movie helped.

No Caption Provided

Mew appearing in Pokemon Snap did make me care about it a decent bit. That and the movie.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Mewtwo and Dragonite for pseudo-legendaries. Of the canon legendaries it'd probably be Zapdos.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I was 15 and had all the time in the world I spent about a week resetting my copy of Sapphire over and over again until I got a shiny Rayquaza, so I should probably pick him. Also there's something I like about Raikou.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Mewtwo and Dragonite for pseudo-legendaries. Of the canon legendaries it'd probably be Zapdos.

I'm pretty sure Mewtwo counts as a proper legendary? After all, there's only one in the game and it has a physical representation in the world to boot (although they might have done that last bit with Lapras in G/S). I've never heard anyone call Dragonite a legendary before.

Also, this guy is pretty dope:

No Caption Provided

But I have a lot of respect for Zapdos as my first ever shiny trading card.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mewtwo.

He was like a Dragonball Z character transplanted to the Pokemon universe.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mewtwo. It has a back-story. A cool one.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BisonHero

Articuno is rad. Every Pokemon after Red/Blue is lame because I'm no longer 10 years old.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Suicune probably.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Terrakion. Least Favorite would undoubtedly have to be Keldeo. I mean the Swords of Justice are all bad asses and then there's Keldeo. It just looks way too much a like pony from MLP and has almost resemblance to the rest of the Musketeers.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played any past gold but I think this guy looks pretty cool:

No Caption Provided
    CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I don't know. I never use any. I just keep these mighty godlike beasts that wield powers of time and space in box 29 and 30 and never look at them.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

I always really really liked Lugia.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gut says Mewtwo.

I'm also a big fan of Zapdos, Articuno, and Lugia. Xerneas looks totally badass but I've hardly used him.

I never played gen 3 or 4 and barely touched gen 5 so there are many I don't know. The "forces of nature" legendaries from gen 5 all look just plain horrible in my opinion. Virizion looks really cool though, and Heatran seems alright too.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The original trio of legendary birds will always be my favorite since one of my favorite games when I was a kid was the original Pokemon games (Blue Version specifically although I also played both Red and Yellow). If I had to chose one it would probably be Articuno if only because I like the way it looks and I'm more of a cold weather kind of person then anything else.

No Caption Provided

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

I'm pretty sure Mewtwo counts as a proper legendary? After all, there's only one in the game and it has a physical representation in the world to boot (although they might have done that last bit with Lapras in G/S). I've never heard anyone call Dragonite a legendary before.

Also, this guy is pretty dope:

No Caption Provided

But I have a lot of respect for Zapdos as my first ever shiny trading card.

I kindof combined terms there, yeah. In terms of fiction, Mewtwo is just a clone of Mew and is such not a true legendary (there aren't any legends about Mewtwo), just a unique pokemon. In terms of gameplay, it has the stats of a legendary so I think of it as a pseudo-legendary (though since it stands in the over world like a traditional legendary, I believe in the games it is considered as such).

There's at least one legendary Dragonite (the giant one out at sea), but since there are plenty of normal Dragonite, it isn't generally considered a legendary either. However, again, it has stats comparable to those of a legendary and as such it's a pseudo-legendary* in the normal usage of the term.

*Pseudo-legendary is a gameplay related term which refers to any Pokémon that has total base stats which are comparable to a Legendary Pokémon. Other examples are Tyranitar, Salamence and Garchomp. Note that "comparable" doesn't mean "the same as" - from memory, Legendary stats are all over the place now but Pseudos are capped at 600?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Girantina. He's awesome looking, really big and hits like a run away bus. Nearly soloed Red in Pokemon Soul Silver with just him. Also he didn't take a million ultra balls to catch! He just kinda jumped in one and joined me.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I kindof combined terms there, yeah. In terms of fiction, Mewtwo is just a clone of Mew and is such not a true legendary (there aren't any legends about Mewtwo), just a unique pokemon. In terms of gameplay, it has the stats of a legendary so I think of it as a pseudo-legendary (though since it stands in the over world like a traditional legendary, I believe in the games it is considered as such).

There's at least one legendary Dragonite (the giant one out at sea), but since there are plenty of normal Dragonite, it isn't generally considered a legendary either. However, again, it has stats comparable to those of a legendary and as such it's a pseudo-legendary* in the normal usage of the term.

*Pseudo-legendary is a gameplay related term which refers to any Pokémon that has total base stats which are comparable to a Legendary Pokémon. Other examples are Tyranitar, Salamence and Garchomp. Note that "comparable" doesn't mean "the same as" - from memory, Legendary stats are all over the place now but Pseudos are capped at 600?

Ohhhhhh okay, I didn't realise that. I don't particularly follow the fiction (at least, I haven't watched it since I was super young) so I get your justification now. My comments were based on the game purely, but then again I didn't realise Pseudo-legendary had an actual definition though.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@selfconfessedcynic: That's getting needlessly deep into something that's always been simply explained in the games. Legendary Pokemon = rare "unique" Pokemon. If you want to argue that Mewtwo doesn't count because he was created, the same could be said for many of the others who were also man made, came from space or were just otherwise unheard of. If nothing else, Mewtwo become "legendary" because of his strength.

Anyway, I've always quite liked this guy.

No Caption Provided

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By emfromthesea
    A virus from space which mutated when shot by a laser. Can't ask for much more.
    A virus from space which mutated when shot by a laser. Can't ask for much more.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By nightriff

Mewtwo is the only acceptable answer for me. The best legendary pokemon and number 2 on my list.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wintersnowblind said:

@selfconfessedcynic: That's getting needlessly deep into something that's always been simply explained in the games. Legendary Pokemon = rare "unique" Pokemon. If you want to argue that Mewtwo doesn't count because he was created, the same could be said for many of the others who were also man made, came from space or were just otherwise unheard of. If nothing else, Mewtwo become "legendary" because of his strength.

Anyway, I've always quite liked this guy.

No Caption Provided

Hey man, in my mind it all comes back to the cartoon :P (even if the games are the actual canon). I always wished they kept the awesome metal armor on Mewtwo;

No Caption Provided

As a kid I thought this was the coolest thing ever. In any case, I stand by my reasoning.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I never caught a legendary growing up but I always thought Mewtwo was really cool.

Really fun and cool character in Smash Bros as well.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Rayquaza, only cause his shiny version is the dopest.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@selfconfessedcynic: In the Project M mod for Smash Bros Brawl you can use the metal armor for Mewtwo as an alternate costume. It's pretty amazing.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pikachu in pokémon yellow! WHAT A LEGENDARY! Wait, it doesn't count that it's on the box art? Shit...

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mew. Easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.