Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Favorite Pokemon game?

• 65 results
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By bwooduhs

G/S/C we're the best.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By inkeiren

I enjoyed gold/silver due to the fact that it was the first I played. I no longer play the series anymore, and I don't intend to play any future games, but silver has to be the game I've dropped the most time into my entire life. When I ended I had over 700 hours put in.

I don't think posters should try and get into which was the best game, but rather, what their favorite was.

There would be so much to go over. Casual compared to  hardcore aspects of gameplay. Innovation compared to refinement. Graphics. Style, beyond technical aspects. Whether or not night and day cycles are fun or tedious. Character originality (You could argue whether or not there was enough difference between generations. Compare Swallow to Pidgeot. Of course, there were things like kecleon to balance that out.) Also, you discuss which generation had more balanced gameplay. You could also discuss gameplay length and sense of progression. Also, technical aspects such as IVs and EVs and natures would be discussed and their impact on each generation of pokemon. Later generations generally had more inflated stats, which IVs and EVs had less impact on. If you believed in more hardcore gameplay, you would support more exaggerated stats, as less time would have to be dropped into breeding. For example, whether or not a dugtrio has an adamant nature and 31 IVs in attack/speed is obviously more important than whether or not an S type Deoxys has 252 speed EVs. To tackle all of these would take a ridiculous amount of discussion. I don't think anyone posting here would be willing to put the time necessary into determining what is the "best" game. I surely would not.

I mean no ill will, but there's a whole lot more to it than "Silver was better because dark and steel type helped balance psychic type. Psychic was unbalanced in Red/Blue."

Edit: I am aware that this is a post which will receive at least one "wtf" reply. Part of the reason I went so far into metagame terminology was to demonstrate how much there was to be discussed in order to come to a conclusion adequate for anybody.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Red

Fire Red, because it was exactly like Red, but there was some awesome stuff after you beat the game. I do like Silver/Gold/Crystal more, but I lost my data before I could beat it.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Mushir

I really enjoyed Fire Red.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Drebin_893

I remember playing Blue and Red all day every day when I was kid. It has to be them.

My favourite has to be Red & Blue.

EDIT: Inkeiren, maybe instead you should list your favourite, and stop telling everyone else what to do?

Mr_Bauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By Mr_Bauer

Fire Red

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Ferginator4k

Gold/Silver its really no contest.

Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Scientist
    AEKtzis said:
    "Blue/Red/YellowAs far as im concerned there are only 151 POKEMON!!!!!"
    This haha.
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Carlos1408

Yellow followed by Silver, But yellow was just a classic like Red and Blue... The good old days 
    I liked Yellow the most, it was also the first one I played.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Pokeman Snap

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ShadowKiller

I'd have to say my favorite pokemon game was probably Pokemon yellow. I got that and a special yellow gameboy color when I was 4 and I don't think I ever played one game for so long without being bored.

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Psych0Penguin

Ether Sapphire or Diamond ... gotta love Spheal ;-)

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Red/Blue remains my favourite.  I think I have something against all the Pokemon that have come since.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#64  Edited By AgentJ
    Thordain said:
    "For me, it was Gold/Silver"
    Yep. Gold Silver. 
    inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By inkeiren
    Drebin_893 said:
    "I remember playing Blue and Red all day every day when I was kid. It has to be them.My favourite has to be Red & Blue.EDIT: Inkeiren, maybe instead you should list your favourite, and stop telling everyone else what to do?"
    I did. It was silver.
    I'm cool with everyone listing their favorites. All I was saying is that most people's arguments here were fairly weak as to which is the "best". I'm not trying to say which is the best. Which is the best in the series cannot be described in one or two sentences.
    I apologize if I offended anyone.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Blue, hands down, discussion over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.