Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

An A Capella and the power of a beautiful ending *spoilers*

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RsistncE

So I was just casually browsing Youtube, as I'm incredibly prone to do when I'm procrastinating, and I just stumbled across this:

Wow.  

It's only been a couple weeks or so since I beat Portal 2 but let me tell you: the game is still with me. One of the most absolutely incredible things about Valves games is how after finishing the game there are so many little revelations that are continually being discovered that the story is far from being fully developed for any single player. On that note, for me personally at least, I felt the ending with the turret opera, "Casa Mia", was amazing. The funniest part was that I actually had this part spoiled for me during the ARG madness in the days leading up to Portal 2's release but fortunately the ending had no context and literally no meaning at the time; in fact, it only served to fuel my already unbridled curiosity in regards to the story. So after finishing the game, seeing the ending and then finding out that the song was more than likely a mother's goodbye to her daughter, I can safely say that Portal 2 has potentially one of the greatest self contained stories (no sequel required) that I've ever encountered.  

Not to mention the fact that it almost made me cry.

So how about you guys? How did you feel about the ending? Did the turret opera bring you to tears? And if so, was it before or after you found out that the song was from Caroline to Chell? Think I'm just a giant pussy for essentially calling a game beautiful? Chime in below!
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RsistncE

So I was just casually browsing Youtube, as I'm incredibly prone to do when I'm procrastinating, and I just stumbled across this:

Wow.  

It's only been a couple weeks or so since I beat Portal 2 but let me tell you: the game is still with me. One of the most absolutely incredible things about Valves games is how after finishing the game there are so many little revelations that are continually being discovered that the story is far from being fully developed for any single player. On that note, for me personally at least, I felt the ending with the turret opera, "Casa Mia", was amazing. The funniest part was that I actually had this part spoiled for me during the ARG madness in the days leading up to Portal 2's release but fortunately the ending had no context and literally no meaning at the time; in fact, it only served to fuel my already unbridled curiosity in regards to the story. So after finishing the game, seeing the ending and then finding out that the song was more than likely a mother's goodbye to her daughter, I can safely say that Portal 2 has potentially one of the greatest self contained stories (no sequel required) that I've ever encountered.  

Not to mention the fact that it almost made me cry.

So how about you guys? How did you feel about the ending? Did the turret opera bring you to tears? And if so, was it before or after you found out that the song was from Caroline to Chell? Think I'm just a giant pussy for essentially calling a game beautiful? Chime in below!
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

Awesome find, dude. And I agree about that ending, it's one of the more memorable ones for me. I found the beginning of the singing turrets part to be pretty funny and thought the whole thing was ridiculous as it kept building up but it was also very moving.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RsistncE
    @Afroman269: Totally; it was just so well done that it's hard to really criticize it at all. Additionally, I saw this over at Destructoid also: 

Pretty damn well done also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.