Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Can't figure out how to do voice chat in PS3 Steam.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ApertureSilence
    Hello all. So far I've had an awesome, pretty seamless experience with my PC/PS3 Steam experience. Valve has done a great job having  this ready at day one.

However, here's the ONE thing I can't figure out: How do I do Steam voicechat between PS3 and PC? I have a PS3 bluetooth headset hooked up and working, but I don't see the option for anything but text chat. Help?

I distinctly remember them talking in interviews about how there would be PS3/PC cross-platform voice chat.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By vidiot

Check the actual microphone settings in the PS3.
    Settings->Accessory Settings->Audio Device Settings

I tested out the cross-steam play today and it was fantastic. Other GB member played on the PC, I played the PS3 version and we were able to chat with each-other without a hitch.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ApertureSilence

Can you only voice chat within the game?  I genuinely don't see the option to start a voice chat in the Steam menu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.