Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

For Those Still On The Fence...

Cusseta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cusseta

Although I was a fan of the first Portal, I was reluctant to buy Portal 2 immediately upon release. $60 just seemed a little too much, considering the relatively short "campaign" and co-op experiences.  However, 2 friends of mine (who had preordered and already owned a copy) convinced me to just bite the bullet and get it.  It was absolutely worth it!  The single-player alone is excellent, but if you have any buddies to play co-op with, you're definitely getting your money's worth (Not to mention the fact that the price of Portal 2 has dropped significantly at certain retailers).  For those still on the fence about Portal 2, I think you'll be more than happy with your purchase (if you decide to do so).  Great, great fun (and, IMHO, far superior to the 1st Portal in every way).

P.S. - I own a PS3 and a 360, but my friends preordered the 360 version, so that's the one a purchased as well.  The graphics look fine.  I was a little worried after hearing about the difference between the two consoles, but short of a side by side comparison, it will go by completely unnoticed.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

This just in: When you measure the worth of a game by its netto hours, you're a moron.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Daveyo520

PLAY IT!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah the game feels a lot longer than the first, and they justify the cost by adding co-op alone. I was on the fence for a while too, (I mean let's face it, I had to buy it at some point) due to a lack of my own money, but I went ahead and got it when I was goaded into co-op. So worth it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

fucking play it

i'm the biggest non-conformist who actually enjoys not enjoying the things that are widely enjoyed and critically claimed on the interwebs, yet even I was swept off my feet by that game. i think this is a good enough proof that it's fucking phenomenal
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss

I agree. I was pretty shocked by how long the game was, and I still have all that co-op to do.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

The people claiming the 360 version is terrible because it's not quite as pretty as the PC version aren't mentioning that it sill looks better than most games that came out 2 years ago- it looks fine.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Yanngc33
    @ProfessorEss: Me too especially when they were saying that it was going to be roughly two times as long, which just added up to 3 hours.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @TooWalrus said:
    " The people claiming the 360 version is terrible because it's not quite as pretty as the PC version aren't mentioning that it sill looks better than most games that came out 2 years ago- it looks fine. "
    I played it on the 360.
    Looks great, no tearing and solid frame rate.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blueduck
    @Cusseta said:
    " Although I was a fan of the first Portal, I was reluctant to buy Portal 2 immediately upon release. $60 just seemed a little too much, considering the relatively short "campaign" and co-op experiences.  However, 2 friends of mine (who had preordered and already owned a copy) convinced me to just bite the bullet and get it.  It was absolutely worth it!  The single-player alone is excellent, but if you have any buddies to play co-op with, you're definitely getting your money's worth (Not to mention the fact that the price of Portal 2 has dropped significantly at certain retailers).  For those still on the fence about Portal 2, I think you'll be more than happy with your purchase (if you decide to do so).  Great, great fun (and, IMHO, far superior to the 1st Portal in every way). P.S. - I own a PS3 and a 360, but my friends preordered the 360 version, so that's the one a purchased as well.  The graphics look fine.  I was a little worried after hearing about the difference between the two consoles, but short of a side by side comparison, it will go by completely unnoticed. "
    Nah, I'll just wait til it's 5 dollars on Steam in a few months.
    @Meowayne said:
    " This just in: When you measure the worth of a game by its netto hours, you're a moron. "
    This just in: If  you think a game decreases in fun the longer it's been out, you're a moron.
    Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Clinkz
    @blueduck said:
    " @Cusseta said:
    " Although I was a fan of the first Portal, I was reluctant to buy Portal 2 immediately upon release. $60 just seemed a little too much, considering the relatively short "campaign" and co-op experiences.  However, 2 friends of mine (who had preordered and already owned a copy) convinced me to just bite the bullet and get it.  It was absolutely worth it!  The single-player alone is excellent, but if you have any buddies to play co-op with, you're definitely getting your money's worth (Not to mention the fact that the price of Portal 2 has dropped significantly at certain retailers).  For those still on the fence about Portal 2, I think you'll be more than happy with your purchase (if you decide to do so).  Great, great fun (and, IMHO, far superior to the 1st Portal in every way). P.S. - I own a PS3 and a 360, but my friends preordered the 360 version, so that's the one a purchased as well.  The graphics look fine.  I was a little worried after hearing about the difference between the two consoles, but short of a side by side comparison, it will go by completely unnoticed. "
    Nah, I'll just wait til it's 5 dollars on Steam in a few months.
    @Meowayne said:
    " This just in: When you measure the worth of a game by its netto hours, you're a moron. "
    This just in: If  you think a game decreases in fun the longer it's been out, you're a moron.
    "
    I'm with blueduck. 60 bucks to play a low replay value puzzle game? LOL! Quit trying to justify your purchase in this thread.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Marz

dude it's fucking 35$ right now.  Either buy it or don't.   90% of the people i know who played the game enjoyed it immensely.

Cusseta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cusseta
    @Clinkz:
    I'm not trying to justify anything.  The game is absolutely worth $60.  The point of the thread is to let people know that it IS worth the $60.  You could easily spend more than $60 in one night bar-hopping with friends and Portal 2 provides man hours of great gameplay.  Take your trolling elsewhere! LOL
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Afroman269

The value of the game is in the amount of enjoyment you get out of it, not amount of hours. Also, this game is dirt cheap anyways. Get that shit over at amazon. PS3 version for $35 and you get the free pc code.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The advice I'd give to people if that if you're really looking to sink your money into a long game and only a long game, Portal 2 may not be that game, however the single player and co-operative player mode of Portal 2 are of a significant size and as far as I'm concerned the quality more than justifies the price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.