Glad I bought the 360 version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hoossy (1075 posts) -

The better graphics and pc connectivity that the PS3 version was tempting for sure.... but at the end of the day I had more friends I wanted to play with online with the 360.

And, with the PSN network down for over a week now... looks like I made the right decision.  I bet Valve might be a little pissed for deciding that "Playstation is the superior platform".  But I'm sure they also got paid big time for that as well.
#2 Posted by TheSmashing (321 posts) -
#3 Posted by SMTDante89 (2936 posts) -
@hoossy said:
"I bet Valve might be a little pissed for deciding that "Playstation is the superior platform". "
Doubt it.
#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5896 posts) -
@SMTDante89 said:
" @hoossy said:
"I bet Valve might be a little pissed for deciding that "Playstation is the superior platform". "
Doubt it. "
Same.
#5 Posted by Poki3 (570 posts) -
@hoossy:  Flamebait much?
#6 Posted by toowalrus (13405 posts) -
@hoossy said:
"  at the end of the day I had more friends I wanted to play with online with the 360."
This is just about the only thing you said that doesn't make you look like a complete idiot.
#7 Posted by Warfare (1690 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:
" @SMTDante89 said:
" @hoossy said:
Doubt it. "
Same. "
#8 Posted by Tofford (714 posts) -

Hardware wise it is superior but I am sure they are a bit annoyed with the PSN business. If I had a PS3 I would have bought it on there but the 360 version is still Portal 2 and its awesome. All the PSN stuff was a bonus but not having it in no way reduces the experience on 360

#9 Posted by NarcolepticBat (453 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:
" @SMTDante89 said:
" @hoossy said:
Doubt it. "
Same. "
Yeah the money exchanged in that deal wasn't cloud based.
Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
#10 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (753 posts) -

i mean, im probably going to buy it for ps3, when i do. im actually more interested in playing on steam, but since the price is only 5 bucks apart, i figure i might as well get a console copy too

#11 Posted by AlmostApollo (70 posts) -

I have a Companion Cube for my avatar now. How is that not a deciding factor for more people?! /mostly joking

#12 Edited by Scooper (7920 posts) -

Is there Move support in the PS3 version? That seems like something that could of been really cool, if the light on the wand changed colour depending on which portal you shot last or something.

#13 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

I bought it twice (Mac and 360) and together they make for the better version

#14 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

derp

#15 Posted by hoossy (1075 posts) -
@NarcolepticBat said:
" @Cloudenvy said:
" @SMTDante89 said:
" @hoossy said:
Doubt it. "
Same. "
Yeah the money exchanged in that deal wasn't cloud based. "

Oh for sure, and I didn't mean it was related.  I just felt that Valve really loves to keep its customers connected constantly to the Steam experience, and this was their first experiment onto another medium besides pc/mac.  Idk, I would be frustrated with Sony if the network failed like this so soon after releasing my product.
#16 Posted by Animasta (14948 posts) -

it's never failed like this before and they've already said they would work to make it more secure, so I honestly doubt valve is going to be angry about this.

#17 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7810 posts) -

The title of this thread should of been "GLADoS I bought the 360 version" eh, heheheheheh, get it?

Please don't shoot me.

#18 Posted by JoeyRavn (5287 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" The title of this thread should of been "GLADoS I bought the 360 version" eh, heheheheheh, get it? Please don't shoot me. "
In all seriousness, that would have made the topic at least interesting.
#19 Posted by katanalauncher (224 posts) -

lolconsoles

#20 Posted by EVO (4028 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" Is there Move support in the PS3 version? That seems like something that could of been really cool, if the light on the wand changed colour depending on which portal you shot last or something. "
Haha, that's actually a really cool idea.
#21 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (276 posts) -

Hmm, I'm currently trying to decide between the two versions right now. There is split screen right? Me and my gf are more comfortable playing on our 360s because we each have a  system and it''s our primary, but the PS3 has steam connectivity...hmm...

#22 Posted by Zippedbinders (1198 posts) -
@NeVeRMoRe666 said:
" Hmm, I'm currently trying to decide between the two versions right now. There is split screen right? Me and my gf are more comfortable playing on our 360s because we each have a  system and it''s our primary, but the PS3 has steam connectivity...hmm... "
Yeah, there is split-screen. Honestly it seems like the only way to play co-op in my opinion.

I'm pretty pleased with my PS3 purchase. I still have it for Steam and I've been playing it with my friends this whole time, in the same room, because they don't live halfway across the country yet.
#23 Posted by animateria (3341 posts) -

Trololololo, lolololo~

Avatar image for blitzkriegblizzard
#24 Posted by blitzkriegblizzard (199 posts) -
@hoossy said:
" The better graphics and pc connectivity that the PS3 version was tempting for sure.... but at the end of the day I had more friends I wanted to play with online with the 360.

And, with the PSN network down for over a week now... looks like I made the right decision.  I bet Valve might be a little pissed for deciding that "Playstation is the superior platform".  But I'm sure they also got paid big time for that as well.
"

No Caption Provided
#25 Posted by BabyChooChoo (7092 posts) -

So we're still doing this? Throwing in underhanded jabs at PSN? After a week of countless threads, Youtube videos, and podcasts from people failing to be funny, I think we can say this topic has been run into the ground in record speed...

On a side note, can we puh-lease get back that post requirement before users are able to start their own threads again?

#26 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" The title of this thread should of been "GLADoS I bought the 360 version" eh, heheheheheh, get it? Please don't shoot me. "
I'm going to shoot you.
#27 Posted by Sweep (10600 posts) -
If you want to discuss which version of the game is better then that's fine, but I fail to see how valves comments about the Playstation 3 being "superior" factor into that discussion and this thread is consequently being locked as trolling.

@NekuSakuraba said: 
" The title of this thread should of been "GLADoS I bought the 360 version" "
Ha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.