Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Not even the flu can hamper my enjoyment of Portal 2.

Deaditelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Deaditelord

A cold/flu illness has been floating through our office the last few days and apparently it was my turn to be bitten by this nasty bug. I woke up about 2 AM Monday morning to a high fever and a sore throat and since then have spent the majority of the time sleeping and generally feeling like crap. Normally when I'm that sick I give gaming a break. However, last Thursday I received my rental copy of Portal 2 and so I spent what little time I was awake finishing the last 3 chapters of the single player campaign. As to the game itself, while I was a little surprised at how easy Portal 2 was (I never got stuck on puzzles like I did in the first Portal), I really love all the unique ways the game uses the portal /momentum mechanics this time. Factor in the hilarious voice acting by Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmonds and you have a game that's very easy to recommend. Definitely 5 stars.

Now with Portal 2 finished, it's time to decide what to play next. Right now I'm leaning towards renting either L.A. Noire or Catherine, however a part of me is considering pulling out my copy of Fallout 3 so I can remove it from my pile of shame. Decisions, Decisions...

Well I'm tired and the ibuprofen is starting to wear off so I think a nap is in order.

Until next time...

Deaditelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Deaditelord

A cold/flu illness has been floating through our office the last few days and apparently it was my turn to be bitten by this nasty bug. I woke up about 2 AM Monday morning to a high fever and a sore throat and since then have spent the majority of the time sleeping and generally feeling like crap. Normally when I'm that sick I give gaming a break. However, last Thursday I received my rental copy of Portal 2 and so I spent what little time I was awake finishing the last 3 chapters of the single player campaign. As to the game itself, while I was a little surprised at how easy Portal 2 was (I never got stuck on puzzles like I did in the first Portal), I really love all the unique ways the game uses the portal /momentum mechanics this time. Factor in the hilarious voice acting by Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmonds and you have a game that's very easy to recommend. Definitely 5 stars.

Now with Portal 2 finished, it's time to decide what to play next. Right now I'm leaning towards renting either L.A. Noire or Catherine, however a part of me is considering pulling out my copy of Fallout 3 so I can remove it from my pile of shame. Decisions, Decisions...

Well I'm tired and the ibuprofen is starting to wear off so I think a nap is in order.

Until next time...

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

You are lucky. Whenever I get sick, video games are something that I just can't handle. I prefer to roll around in agony in my bed.

captrofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By captrofl

Did your Illness hamper your abilities to think with portals?

desolation15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By desolation15
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:

You are lucky. Whenever I get sick, video games are something that I just can't handle. I prefer to roll around in agony in my bed.

Ditto. Hell, I get motion sickness within 15 minutes of Portal 2 when I'm healthy.
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Flu in the summer? That sucks dude.

Deaditelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deaditelord

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

Flu in the summer? That sucks dude.

I know. I can't even recall the last time I've even gotten a cold in the summer, let alone a flu. It really stinks.

@desolation15 said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Ditto. Hell, I get motion sickness within 15 minutes of Portal 2 when I'm healthy.

I don't have problems with motion sickness even when I get sick. I just flop on the couch and play until I start getting tired or fall asleep. Actually I was surprised I didn't have more trouble with the game's puzzles too. Really the only thing that took me longer than it should have was figuring out how to get the last core for the end boss (the one that's up high), I died 3 times before it dawned on me on how to grab it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.