Prepare for More Testing in Portal 2 DLC

• 81 results
#51 Posted by Sanj (3255 posts) -

I am almost never interested in DLC for anything, no matter how much I enjoyed the original game. But I f**king can't wait for Portal 2 DLC.

#52 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (2313 posts) -
@Soviut said:
" @2HeadedNinja said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" It would be hilarious if portal 2 was updated like TF2, and you had to pay for it on psn and xbl. Any w "
Im not so sure about xbl ... but im pretty sure whatever they put out will be free on PSN. Unless they pull a 180 and start to charge for additional content . "
If it means getting a large amount of quality content, I'd gladly pay.  Especially if it extends the story at all.  Maps are one thing, but taking time to carefully craft new fiction in an existing universe is not something you can pull off in a weekend for free. "
I highly doubt they will do that ... the whole structure of the game tells me they will do additional coop maps. I would bet there will be no single player stuff ... and I would bet even harder that even if there is single player stuff there will be no story in it.
#53 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1609 posts) -

Nice. Hopefully it'll be free on PC as usual.

#54 Edited by Kyle (2383 posts) -

Awesome. More story would be nice, but I really just want lots more puzzles.

#55 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

Portal Lemmings plz

#56 Posted by spazmaster666 (2114 posts) -

At this point I'm much more interested in DLC that expands the story than just gives us a bunch of extra puzzles (for that I'm sure there will be plenty of user levels once Valve releases the SDK). For me, it was the narrative of Portal 2 that really drew me to the game, not necessarily the puzzles.

#57 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

Story content takes Valve a million years. In the meantime, I would be okay with gameplay content completely divorced of story.

#58 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2743 posts) -

Damned curious to see if the DLC involves Chelle and when it takes place in the storyline, if it's storyline based at all.

I really hope it is tho.

#59 Posted by mracoon (5118 posts) -

I'd be surprised if it wasn't free on PC (and probably PS3 too) because they're already charging for the cosmetic items.

#60 Posted by jacksukeru (6781 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Story content takes Valve a million years. In the meantime, I would be okay with gameplay content completely divorced of story. "
Me too. The story stuff in Portal 2 was great, but I love it too much to want to risk getting burned out on it. Now I just want to play around a bit more with some puzzles I haven't solved yet.
#61 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1190 posts) -
@Funkydupe said:
" Portal 3 coming out next year then? :) "
Yes, but its proper name is Half life 2 Episode 3.
#62 Posted by abara (243 posts) -

One of the few games that I would be really excited to get DLC for.

#63 Posted by gormanator (130 posts) -

Oh man, Like buttons? I thought Whiskey Media was dead set against that kinda thing...

#64 Posted by Soviut (168 posts) -
@2HeadedNinja said:
" @Soviut said:
" @2HeadedNinja said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" It would be hilarious if portal 2 was updated like TF2, and you had to pay for it on psn and xbl. Any w "
Im not so sure about xbl ... but im pretty sure whatever they put out will be free on PSN. Unless they pull a 180 and start to charge for additional content . "
If it means getting a large amount of quality content, I'd gladly pay.  Especially if it extends the story at all.  Maps are one thing, but taking time to carefully craft new fiction in an existing universe is not something you can pull off in a weekend for free. "
I highly doubt they will do that ... the whole structure of the game tells me they will do additional coop maps. I would bet there will be no single player stuff ... and I would bet even harder that even if there is single player stuff there will be no story in it. "
Who's to say this won't be like the HalfLife 2 episodes?  Valve has done it before.

Even then, more co-op maps would be excellent.
#65 Posted by Soviut (168 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" @ThePilgrums said:
" @xyzygy said:
" Please Valve. Stop with this Portal nonsense and give us the game WE ALL WANT. "
Yeah, stop releasing other polished, popular games with compelling stories and gameplay that sell well! Give me only the game I WANT!!

Can't wait. Loved Still Alive. Portal 2 was amazing and I hope they release a ton of DLC for it.
"
Portal is a good series. But saying that it's more in demand than Half Life is a bit much. I would gladly take a brand new Half Life adventure than play with more portals. "
I'd like to see some crossover in HL2 episode 3, assuming the timelines could line up.
#66 Posted by tourgen (4568 posts) -

great news!!

#67 Posted by X19 (2370 posts) -

Please be free.

#68 Posted by dezvous (660 posts) -

Free on PS3/PC not 360? That would be quite a win for Sony but we'll have to wait and see. 

#69 Posted by Wuddel (2436 posts) -

Have my money. ALL. OF. IT.

#70 Posted by Besetment (535 posts) -

It better be free. The lack of challenge maps, or really anything challenging at all in Portal 2, is severely disappointing.

#71 Posted by moondogg (361 posts) -

It'll be co-op stuff I'd say. With the ability to give your robots some personailty through hats, flags etc. I'm guessing thats where valve see a lot of people playing on for exttra replayability.
#72 Posted by MeatSim (11193 posts) -

I bet there will be more gestures to buy also.

#73 Posted by Daveyo520 (7766 posts) -

Glad I also have the PC version now. Too bad my PC is breaking.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
#74 Posted by President_Barackbar (3641 posts) -

Psst...I bet  you its hats.

#75 Edited by selbie (2571 posts) -
#76 Edited by jmrwacko (2537 posts) -
@Soviut said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @ThePilgrums said:
" @xyzygy said:
" Please Valve. Stop with this Portal nonsense and give us the game WE ALL WANT. "
Yeah, stop releasing other polished, popular games with compelling stories and gameplay that sell well! Give me only the game I WANT!!
Can't wait. Loved Still Alive. Portal 2 was amazing and I hope they release a ton of DLC for it.
"
Portal is a good series. But saying that it's more in demand than Half Life is a bit much. I would gladly take a brand new Half Life adventure than play with more portals. "
I'd like to see some crossover in HL2 episode 3, assuming the timelines could line up. "
They seem like they do line up, as it's implied that the events of Portal 2 take place during the combine occupation.

Also, remember that in Episode 2,
#77 Posted by Branthog (5777 posts) -

I love Portal, but no.

Portal is just a series of puzzles tied together by one or two sentence quips from auto-tine. It's very amusing, but not exactly a compelling reason to add to it with DLC. Save it and put the work into Portal 3, down the road.

#78 Posted by Eyz (469 posts) -

Pretty cool news...though it's kinda early to announce such things, isn't it?
Like something that could have been on disc with some extra production weeks..

I'm guessing it will be the challenges like in Portal 1...but as DLCs this time... In separated packs...with probably a 2nd digital comics to keep fans interested and occupied in the meantime.

#79 Posted by Jaydecio (7 posts) -

I would love to have new co-op maps released once in a while, or any kind of challenge maps like portal 1. More story i'd rather have in a future full game with enough meat in it.

#80 Posted by Christoffer (2374 posts) -

They need to go crazy with the puzzles. The whole single player campain felt like a preparation, to ease the player in to the different elements. Just throw it all together and blow our minds (wich would not be a hyperbole in this case).

I would like that.

#81 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19300 posts) -
@MadLaughter said:
" I will only play it if there is more Wheatley. "
agreed !
#82 Posted by blacklab (2015 posts) -

Looking forward to it.  DAE feel like the single player was missing some of the maps in the trailers? They all seemed much simpler than I recall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.