Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

*SPOILERS* Favourite parts of the game?

• 123 results
    Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Scotto

Wanted to create a thread for people who have finished to openly talk about what they liked.

I have to say, I laughed pretty hard when GlaDOS gets put in the potato battery.  I was actually worried early on in the game that they were going to ruin the humour by being a bit too heavy handed about it (where GlaDOS literally cracks a joke after every puzzle), but it settles in nicely after that.

I loved the more broken appearance of Aperture this time around, with debris everywhere, panels struggling to arrange themselves, and so on.  It made the game far more interesting, visually.

The final boss fight was great, and the way it ends (with the moon and whatnot), is awesome.

Just a good game all around.  I never really got stuck throughout, aside from one room really late in the game.  Overall, it seemed slightly easier than Portal 1, but then again, it's been awhile since I played the first game.

- Scott
    Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nadril

I really loved Cave Johnson. Such an awesome character.

"It should be mentioned that we used asbestos in our facilities. It keeps the rats out. If you experience shortness of breath or heart failure please tell someone. That is not part of the test. That is asbestos."
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

My favorite part is in the beginning with Wheatley, when he tells you to speak, and you just jump instead. The reaction he has is hilarious.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Warihay

Yea Wheatley in general was just awesome. He was written so well and the voice acting was great. Also...still can't get over that ending. Awesome.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By Little_Socrates

The first chapter is one of the most well-crafted video game experiences I've ever had. The "escape" sequence was just as good, if less surprising. Once I hit Chapter 7 or so, I was getting stumped on nearly ever puzzle, which was great, 'cause I really only got stumped on the third-to-last (in the giant room) and the last (where you're supposed to use rockets to get a box to get into the vent, but I just used a chair) in the first game.

...the less said about the ending, the better, I think.
    Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Robiin

So many good moments. Everything about Wheatley, basically.

The best moment, game-play-wise was probably right after going through the huge hole after Wheatley takes over, and you land outside 50's Aperture. I was so stumped, just outside the entrance, when your'e suppose to shoot through the Aperture logo, but when I finally got it, I felt like the smartest man alive. I had thought of so many possibilities, but all along, all I had to do was that. And when I finally got it, the feeling was incredible.

Another one, which I stumped upon, and that just really caught me off-guard, was during the chase sequence, when I accidentaly chose the wrong path (listened to GLaDOS when she said "the last test is just here, why don't you go there?", and ended up in front of a door filled with really "green" full-grown plants inside (not gray/green half-grown plants that are everywhere in Aperture). I don't know why, but that part especially just stuck with me.

Jash530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jash530

I actually really like the new song during the credits. Its no Still Alive but its still enjoyable.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Cornman89

I loved the chase sequences, especially the one where you're running from Wheatley while he fails to kill you with his dumb murder contraptions. Such a great performance.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Legend

Those malfunctioning turrets were fucking hilarious. XD

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bravestar

The old test chambers and the descent of Cave Johnson were the best part of the game for me. Also the few seconds on the moon.
    In general I loved the writing. Though GLaDOS kinda lost her edge when she was put into the potato.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scotto
    @Legend said:
    " Those malfunctioning turrets were fucking hilarious. XD "
    Yes!!!!  There was a chamber where the turrets were being tested, and I sat there for a good ten minutes just listening to them, haha!

Or when Wheatley springs his "trap" on you, and encircles you with turrets that don't work - one of which is still in it's box, haha.

- Scott
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finding the dock of the Borealis from Half Life Ep 2. It must be an easter egg of some kind since the door to it is half hidden by a book shelf.

No Caption Provided
    It comes complete with a steam achievement :O

I also liked being invigorated by the artwork.

And also the chase sequence in the later stages of game, the music was excellent.

And also using the gel, it was frustrating at first but when it all came together..... :D

oh, and shooting a portal AT THE FRICKIN MOON. and the twinkle when it landed.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoeyRavn

The tour around the old Aperture premises was absolutely great. You could see and live the fall of Aperture (and by extension, Cave's), decade by decade. The changing logos were a nice touch too.

guyver0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By guyver0

i loved chapter 6 onwards throught the old aperture science offices. As such i love cave johnson. that atomic age science adventurous nature. i loved it. i was moved when he made the recording about putting caroline in charge of aperture science.
    also the questions it brought up.. like why were they all 5km up the surface? who put them there? GLaDOS?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

"I'm speaking in an accent beyond her range of hearing."
    "Metal ball, I can hear you."

I don't know why, but I find that to be one of the funniest bits in the game.

Also,  

Just in general I think the animation is fucking amazing in this game too, they get so much emotion out of very mechanical characters.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By rjayb89

The part where GLaDOS calls me a monster and when Wheatley says something about how important the floor is because "it's holding everything up," or something to that effect, stuck with me, completing puzzles and ending aside.

Oh, and when I found out that Nolan North voices some turrets and stuff in the game in the credits.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Oh wait I forgot Nolan North in the performance of his life, SPACE SPHERE.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Evilsbane

I got stuck up top at the part with the Giant APERTURE in the water, I knew you had to use the little slanted roof to get across to the catwalk but I couldn't find a drop spot, so I was about take the elevator down and see what I missed and the "Do Not Fall Down Elevator Shaft" sign struck me as the cleverest damn thing I have seen in awhile.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordXavierBritish: Totally forgot the part about Lemons. That's bound to become a T-Shirt meme.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Daveyo520

Seeing to Borealis dry dock, all of Cave Johnson's talk, going through the different eras of Aperture and most of all, the end.  

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bocam

My favorite part was the part where he kills you.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Sin4profit

Wheatley's fear of birds and the defective turret bots.  

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bravestar
    @RhombusOfTerror said:
    " And also the chase sequence in the later stages of game, the music was excellent."
    Oh yeah, the music. I really loved the music in the old test chambers when you stepped on the gel.
    Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Consaw

When  Wheatley's hacking the computer in the neuro toxin room. You have to have subtitles on to hear most of it, but it 100% pure comedic gold. 

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Liquidus

I love when you're falling down the "endless pit" with GLaDOS and she says "Oh hi, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!" I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Then she does the slow clap. Too funny, I love it.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MiniPato

Adventure sphere, Cave Johnson, old 60's Aperture facilities, being chased by Wheatley's contraptions, turrets, smooth jazz, gels. Needs more light bridge puzzles.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho

In general, when you stall in Wheatley's company, it only leads to good things.

I really enjoyed the bit where you hop up and Wheatley turns out to be alive, and you hop up again and he's in the middle of a nonsense story.
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By yinstarrunner

"This is the part where he kills us."
    "This is the part where I kill you."
    Chapter 9: The part where he kills you
    Achievement unlocked: The part where he kills you

I was laughing so hard I almost didn't escape.

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By durog

I'm different..

No Caption Provided
    Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Gilsham

using blue gel on turrets made me chuckle, I do wish there was more gel puzzles
    wheatley's stuff when he is trying to get his fix from you solving puzzles

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I have so many favorite parts, but shooting the portal at the moon is up there. The ceiling opens up and I'm just like "Fuck. Yes."

Avatar image for deactivated-6091fd83bf847
    deactivated-6091fd83bf847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "I'm different" turret.  Kind of like in the first game when GLaDOS says that of all the test subjects, you destroyed your weighted companion cube the fastest(regardless of how long you actually waited), it's Portal 2's "Haha, stupid sentimental human" moment.

The mechanical animations in general are fantastic, but the turret assembly part really stood out.  All those little parts come together so convincingly.

And the fake "GLaDOS Shutdown and Cake Dispensary" door.  I had to take my hands off my keyboard/mouse for a moment just to reflect on how fucking stupid I felt when that thing fell over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or was Portal 2 way funnier than the original Portal? Maybe it's just been too long, but even though Portal was really funny, it just didn't have as many laugh out loud funny moments as Portal 2. I think it was wise to include a couple of new hilarious characters.

Also, I chuckled when I saw Nolan North in the credits.
    Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#35  Edited By Mystyr_E

When you put the defective turrets in to scan, listen to the dialogue of the good and defective ones.

"I did everything you aaaaaaaasked!"
    "Wheee-OH NO!"

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Daveyo520
    @durog: I should have saved her some how.
    zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zakkro

Really enjoyed the Cave Johnson recordings. Also - and I missed this the first time - I like how they implemented The National's song into the game. 

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bismarck

Best part for me was the Turret Opera singing "Cara Mia", I could say that entire ending is epic. Also the "When life gives you lemons" part when Glados got all hyped made me feel all warm inside. As well as the turret that said "I'm not like the others"
    I feel so good that i later saved it.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By MisterMouse

The moment in space at the very end was a lot of fun, also some of the responses by Wheatley is great.

Also a small point but I liked how the loading screens changed as you progress through the  game.
    Also I like the moment where it was "Federal Requirements let me know that I need to tell you that this room is Looooking Good"
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dingofighter

I have to say, everything.

Though, stand-out moments I can think of right now is:
    Press Space to talk/say apple
    And of course, "Space space, I wanna go to space, you wanna go to space? What's your favorite thing about space? Mine's space!"
    jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jtmosh

I really have to play this game again because I totally don't even remember the "I'm different" turret and I didn't find the Borealis.

I think my favorite line was probably when Cave Johnson said, "What do these people buy, anyway? Tattered hats...beard dirt?" I literally had to stop playing for a minute or so cause I was laughing so hard.

Oh, and the part on THE MOON.

Even though I really did like the old Aperture areas, I had several "Where the hell am I supposed to go now?" moments. But overall, really excellent all around.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By Kyreo
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " Oh wait I forgot Nolan North in the performance of his life, SPACE SPHERE.

"
    I didn't know that was Nolan North.  This makes the game even better.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cloudenvy
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By crithon

When the white Gel is introduced. I went out of my way to spread the paint all over the place it really felt liberating. 

And playing Co Op on chamber 6 with my best friend. I didn't expect to see the 50s Aperture in Co Op level designs, love the whole art direction on that and how the cubes have wood, staple and black electrical tape. And any of the signs in 50s aperture, the game has an amazing art style.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShaneDev

Any of the parts with Wheatley where  my favorite parts. There were so many other moments but the music really stood out as being very good from the start. How it was used throughout each level was also surprisingly good. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordXavierBritish said:
    " Oh wait I forgot Nolan North in the performance of his life, SPACE SPHERE.

"

Dude! I didn't realize there was 4 minutes of dialog for that core. That was effing hilarious - thank you!

@yinstarrunner said:

" "This is the part where he kills us."

"This is the part where I kill you."

Chapter 9: The part where he kills you

Achievement unlocked: The part where he kills you

I was laughing so hard I almost didn't escape. "

This was my favorite part of the game. The timing of the whole sequence of dialog and then the chapter text fading in had me rolling.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#47  Edited By BeachThunder

A bunch of things I liked - places, puzzles, dialogue, whatever:

• Exile Vilify
    • The first old chamber
    • The first gel dripping area
    • The changing logos
    • "I'm different"
    • The Moon
    • The Animal King
    • "In case of implosion, look directly at implosion"
    • "GLaDOS Emergency Shutdown and Cake Dispensary"
    • The first Aerial Faith Plate area
    • Jumping through the logo
    • The template swapping puzzle
    • "SPACE!"
    • Smooth jazz deployment
    • Chamber 20 puzzle, the one with the 3 lasers.
    • Good Listener achievement
    • Wheatley's death option speech
    • The turrets being put together
    • "Aristotle Vs. Mashy Spike Plate"
    • The image of the really old portal device
    • "Best case scenario, you might get some super powers [...]"
    • "In case of flooding, seek air pockets"
    • The cube in a cage chamber.
    • Test chamber 75
    • The first time putting paint in a tractor beam
    • "the part where he kills you"
    • The sideways aerial faith plate
    • Singing turrets
    • turret painting
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sooty

I loved it when Wheatley changed to speaking Spanish, it was so brief but so funny.

Also the part where you're bouncing up and down on one of those launchers and Wheatley appears at the top and starts talking to you, every time you bounce back up you just hear him rambling on as if he's not noticed you keep disappearing.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I loved the whole line of jokes with glados calling you fat ... to the point with the aerial faith plate where she "just lowerd the ceiling" in the end.

That plus one line in the end song: "She was a lot like you (maybe not quite as heavy)" had me crack up a lot.

Overall a lot of the stuff wheatly says is really funny. Often minor stuff like "I am 100% sure this is the right way ... this is not the right way".

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sameeeeam

The corrupted personality cores were just great. Space Core was a standout, but the others were really funny as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.