*Spoilers?* The Bombcast guys should discuss Portal 2 next week!

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
#1 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (1097 posts) -

While the Portal 2 spoilercast was great, I felt it lacked a real substantive discussion of the full game since it was only 30 minutes long.  There were only small parts of the overall story actually discussed, so that left me wanting a full discussion of the game by the guys.  I really want to hear Vinny's, Jeff's and Ryan's thoughts.  Hopefully Brad has finished the game by then, because on games like this, he almost always has the best comments. 

Also, I am going to presume that anyone that's really into this game has to have played it and finished it by now.  I was really looking forward to it, didn't watch or read any spoilery materials, and played through it in 2 sittings.

What do you say, guys?  Can the boys talk openly about Portal 2, including all spoilers next week?

#2 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -
@SkullcrusherMountain: 
No.
#3 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In case you were wondering. No, I don't want that. There are some of us who haven't picked it up yet.
If anything, make it a separate podcast, that would be cool then people who wanted to could easily go back to it later. Or wait till the end of the cast like Joystiq does with their "Spoiled Rotten" segments.

#4 Posted by Dtat (1750 posts) -

I would like that a lot. They could wall off a 30 minute segment or something. I would like very much to hear their commentary on the events of the game.

#5 Posted by Samaritan (1729 posts) -

No to it being in a proper Bombcast. Yes to there being another, "proper" spoilercast. But I'm content with neither of those things too.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
#6 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2749 posts) -

No.

#7 Posted by OldManLight (1328 posts) -

i thought it was a fair amount of content in the spoiler podcast.  It's also not like there were many significant spoilers to be made in the portal 2 spoilercast though.  want to hear more about portal 2 you should play with the dev commentaries on.  It's pretty interesting to hear more details about why things were the way they were. 

I don't think they need to rehash it again until the GOTY debates.  But that's just my opinion.
#8 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

The Portal 2 spoiler-cast was great, especially with the insight added by having Valve personnel present. While I'd definetly listen to a spoiler-cast with the regular podcast crew, it's no something I'm chomping at the bit for. They'll probably have a fairly in depth discussion about it come GOTY time.

#9 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (327 posts) -

90 days has not passed.

#10 Posted by alternate (2905 posts) -

Nothing wrong with spoiler talk so long as they put it at the end and flag it as such.  A month is not really long enopugh though.  Not even sure Vinny has finished it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get discussed in depth until GOTY.

#11 Posted by Agent47 (1931 posts) -
@SkullcrusherMountain: No, for spoilers and  the fact that they never talked about the ending of RDR which I think was more interesting mainly cause I've never seen something like that before.
#12 Posted by ProfessorEss (7961 posts) -

I'm done but I still say no - way too soon.

Plus, what would they really say anyways? Go through each story bit and say "Oh yeah, that was awesome".
#13 Edited by unchained (1091 posts) -

No no no an no. It should be in it's own podcast, if at all. 

Honestly, there should be 6 months wait to discuss the narrative of games in detail. While I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to buy games I'm interested in on day one, there are a lot of people who have to save and wait to purchase their games and should not have the experience ruined by game journalists who feel the need to explore in detail the flavor of the week. I think it's irresponsible of people who have access to games long before the general public does to discuss said games' story within weeks of release.  
#14 Posted by Aishan (1074 posts) -

You'll probably have to wait until the end of the year for a full and frank public discussion by the crew. It's sure to come up in the GOTY nominations and discussion podcast(s.)

#15 Edited by gakon (2010 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:

" I'm done but I still say no - way too soon. Plus, what would they really say anyways? Go through each story bit and say "Oh yeah, that was awesome"."

I probably agree with this, and here's why...
[edit] Oh, I didn't realize spoiler warnings are broken everywhere. Unless it's just my browser. So maybe nobody can read that, and it will be locked away forever.
#16 Edited by ProfessorEss (7961 posts) -
@gakon5 said:

" @ProfessorEss said:

" I'm done but I still say no - way too soon. Plus, what would they really say anyways? Go through each story bit and say "Oh yeah, that was awesome"."

I probably agree with this, and here's why...
[edit] Oh, I didn't realize spoiler warnings are broken everywhere. Unless it's just my browser. So maybe nobody can read that, and it will be locked away forever. "
I can read it (Chrome), and yeah I totally agree.
#17 Posted by Shadow (5356 posts) -

There's already a Portal 2 spoilercast. That should be enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.