*SPOILERS* The ending...

#1 Posted by PaulRevere (223 posts) -
#2 Edited by SolidOcelot (469 posts) -

Go back and play the first game. The boss fight against Wheatley is far more involved than Glados. But either way it wasnt challenging ur right on that 

#3 Posted by Fripplebubby (1058 posts) -

Both games' boss fights are quite easy, but that's okay, because they're more about the dialogue for me. 

#4 Posted by MisterMouse (3608 posts) -

Yeah I definitely had a harder time withe the GLaDOS fight, going into the Wheatley fight it was obvious what I need to do to beat him...

#5 Posted by MildMolasses (3200 posts) -

Considering the nature of the game up to that point, they can just turn it into a complex battle. The game is about thinking and puzzle solving, and the final battle is just that, but with a time constraint, so they had to have it be kind of simple

#6 Posted by PaulRevere (223 posts) -
@SolidOcelot: I really should go back and play the first one again. I think my problem with GLaDOS was the time limit and for Wheatley there wasn't as much pressure (not that there was a ton with GLaDOS, just more).
#7 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

I guess they think actually applying pressure by giving you an amount of time that would really punish you for error would be counter to how you played the game up until then. I think they should have a mode where time is a constant factor so they can really build some tense puzzles. I made like a million mistakes in that last fight and still had time left over.

#8 Posted by ReyGitano (2493 posts) -

The fight against GLaDOS was much simpler. Not that this was much harder.

#9 Posted by craggle (18 posts) -

I assumed it was easy because, as GLaDOS says, "He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived."

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6285 posts) -

I don't think it was easy but simply a lot more obvious. There were only a few places you could actually put portals up unlike the Glados fight so it was much easier to deduce what you had you do to solve it.

In fact I think the entire game suffered from too many black walls

#11 Posted by Aus_azn (2272 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" I don't think it was easy but simply a lot more obvious. There were only a few places you could actually put portals up unlike the Glados fight so it was much easier to deduce what you had you do to solve it. In fact I think the entire game suffered from too many black walls "
Amen to that.

The battle was pretty easy, except for grabbing the final core which took me a while to figure out due to the time constraint.
#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19300 posts) -

didn't really mind how easy it was.. i like easy endings after squeezing my brain trying to figure out puzzles for several hours

#13 Posted by Vitor (3088 posts) -
@Aus_azn said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" I don't think it was easy but simply a lot more obvious. There were only a few places you could actually put portals up unlike the Glados fight so it was much easier to deduce what you had you do to solve it. In fact I think the entire game suffered from too many black walls "
Amen to that.The battle was pretty easy, except for grabbing the final core which took me a while to figure out due to the time constraint. "
Same - I just panicked and barely managed it.

Also, I was too busy being distracted by all the Nolan North and wanting to listen to the corrupted core's every last line of dialogue.
#14 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

Wheatley is an idiot. It wouldn't make any sense if suddenly he became super hard to beat

#15 Posted by Dingofighter (1888 posts) -

I spent a lot of time just listening to Wheatley and the corrputed cores, so it got a bit hectic when I realized I should maybe do something before the timer runs down...

I didn't want to attach the space core to Wheatley, since that made it stop talking...

It wasn't a very hard boss fight, but it was still fun.
#16 Edited by Sooty (8193 posts) -
#17 Posted by PaulRevere (223 posts) -
@Yanngc33: You know, I never really thought about that. But yeah, it wouldn't have made sense for him to be hard to beat.

@MaFoLu: Agreed. Very fun.
#18 Posted by PaulRevere (223 posts) -
@Anwar: If that were talking about the end fight rather than the turrets, I'd agree with you. But technically they're different. I will say the titles may make them seem similar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.