Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Steam achievements while PSN is down.

Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Quesa

I was planning to play co-op cross-platform with my brother, but PSN being down kinda got in the way of that. So could I play split-screen on my PSN account, beat co-op with him, and get my Steam achievements once PSN is back up? Not entirely sure there's a way to test this right now, but maybe someone here has come across the answer.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By zero_

I started and finished the single player while PSN was down, and was under the assumption that given you get trophies, once PSN is back, and you sign into Steam, it just syncs up to your trophies.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By phish09

Hopefully your right.  I never even thought about that. 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By benjaebe

I'm fairly certain that the Steam achievements unlock if the trophies are unlocked, so once you sync it up you should be good to go. It doesn't work the other way around though (so Steam achievements don't unlock PS3 trophies.)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

Well, Steam achievements straight up don't unlock if you get them while you aren't connected to the Steam servers on PC.

Who knows how they handled the PS3-Steam sync, though.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano

There's a Portal achievement that I unlocked in the game but never unlocked on Steam because I was somehow offline at the time. I wouldn't risk it after that.

Now it just says 6/6 and never unlocks even after beating the bonus levels again.
    Mocca_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Mocca_Bear

On the topic of PSN problems, I'm slowly but surely getting somewhat pissed about not being able to activate my Portal 2 steam company. I know Valve is not really responsible for the entire mess, but it would be nice to see a workaround of some sorts. Really dying for that multiplayer content after finishing the single player campaign a couple of times, including the dev commentary....

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Mocca_Bear said:
    " On the topic of PSN problems, I'm slowly but surely getting somewhat pissed about not being able to activate my Portal 2 steam company. I know Valve is not really responsible for the entire mess, but it would be nice to see a workaround of some sorts. Really dying for that multiplayer content after finishing the single player campaign a couple of times, including the dev commentary.... "
    Agreed, I finished the single player yesterday after taking my time with it in the hope that PSN would be back up and I could do some co op :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.