Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Postal III

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Play as Postal Dude Jr. for the second time, and continue to cause general mayhem in a new setting, the town of Catharsis, Arizona.

I highly doubt this game is coming out, at least not on consoles

Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jake

After what manhunt II went through, I highly doubt that postal, who's developer could not tell you the time of day, will be able to make the jump successfully. 

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

Yeah,  I haven't even heard about postal in a long long time.

Avatar image for hamburger_technology
    Hamburger_Technology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Postal 2 still has a fanbase, I reckon it will.

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeadWeezel

I met Vince and Mike in Leipzig last year, and at least at the time there did not seem to be any bad news.

But the whole issue with 18+ games on consoles is true, which is sort of pathetic while all modern consoles support parental controls.  Microsoft in particular make a very big thing about the quality of their age limiting system, in reality that should allow us to have any kind of game on the market.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

I am a bit skeptical about whether Postal III will hit consoles as well. They haven't put the previous games on consoles and this game seems to be even worse as far as the subject matter. The console is also a different market than PC and I don't really know how a game like this would sell. If the game does hit consoles then the media may actually be able to produce real/true negative facts about a game! :P

Rimbouy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rimbouy

Here in Sweden no one took any notice of Postal II when it came out. It was a bad game even if one choose not to look at its childish “killing” content. It had as far as I know hardly any distributors and didn't managed to get out on the market. No one was interested.

Then one of our TV channels showed a documentary on how very, very bad computer games is for children (it seems to media that no humans above age of 25 plays any games). The documentary showed several “gory” clips from Postal II to show what the kids today are playing. Parents and media got hysterical and as a result kids got very interested in this “hyped” game all talked about. The game suddenly sold a lot.

ognen93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ognen93
    Hamburger_Technology said:
    "Postal 2 still has a fanbase, I reckon it will."
    Agree
    Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
    deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of the most violent and offensive games I've ever played (I own the first two games).

I truly hope it comes to home consoles because I don't feel like upgrading my PC for games anymore.

I can't wait to play it!

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The documentary showed several “gory” clips from Postal II to show what the kids today are playing.
    Sounds like bad propaganda to me. It's also none of my business what other kids are playing. Presumably the parents know what their kids are playing. If they don't, they're fucking up.

I've never played Postal before. I doubt I'll play this one.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael
    Rimbouy said:
    "Here in Sweden no one took any notice of Postal II when it came out. It was a bad game even if one choose not to look at its childish “killing” content. It had as far as I know hardly any distributors and didn't managed to get out on the market. No one was interested.

Then one of our TV channels showed a documentary on how very, very bad computer games is for children (it seems to media that no humans above age of 25 plays any games). The documentary showed several “gory” clips from Postal II to show what the kids today are playing. Parents and media got hysterical and as a result kids got very interested in this “hyped” game all talked about. The game suddenly sold a lot."

I remember this. It didn't really work out the way media intended(IIRC the game got banned too?)...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.